Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: O2

Pearl contacts and ring-tones to Z10

I am extremely disappointed with Blackberry software.  All we want to do is get the contacts and ringtones on an existing Blackberry Pearl to a new Blackberry Z10.  The "belp" that RIM provides is, basically, download Blackberry Link and follow the on-screen instructions.  That simply does not work.  My wife is busily copying phone numbers from her Pearl to her new Z10, and she is not very happy with RIM.  I am not very happy either, because it seems like such a basic function.  I don't even seem to be able to search this support forum.

Thanks for any comments.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogefs

Re: Pearl contacts and ring-tones to Z10

Through BlackBerry link you can click on switch device and that will get your contacts over but before you do that you can get into the files on your pearl through my computer and once you find your sounds copy them to a folder on your hard drive then you can copy into the sound folder on your z10. I am still using the bike bell for BBM which I have moved over from phone to phone.