Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Curve, Bold, z10, PRIV
My Carrier: EE (Formally T-Mobile)

Playbook Bridge to z10

Hello All,

I am looking for support. I previously had the 8520. However I brought the Blackberry z10 on the day of the release. When I got home excited at the prospect of my Playbook / z10 bridge as the bridge between the 8520 was immense I was a little disappointed after connecting the two that the bridge on the Playbook only had a "Read Me" icon and lots all other icons including BBM, Mail, Calender ect ect.

I was also unsuccesful at transferring the text messages from my old phone to my new.

Can you help please?

Thanks,

@BlinkBrian

@brianmartinuk
Elite I
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Playbook Bridge to z10

Hi Brian,

You may or may not like this response, but it seems that using BlackBerry Bridge with the new devices no longer offers the ability to bridge your Messages, BBM, Calendar, Contacts, etc. It will allow you to share your data connection with your PlayBook, and it will do the remote control and file sharing aspects, but that is all now.

In terms of the text messages, what did you do to transfer your data before? Did you use the device transfer wizard? Let us know and I'll see what I can find.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Highlighted
Contributor

You may or may not like this response, but it seems that using BlackBerry Bridge with the new devices no longer offers the ability to bridge your Messages, BBM, Calendar, Contacts, etc. It will allow you to share your data connection with your PlayBook, and it will do the remote control and file sharing aspects, but that is all now.

No, It isn't I don't like the response, I'm P***ED at the response!! Are you actually serious?!?! Are they even planning for this to happen at all soon? You are joking right? Your response pretty much tells me the Playbook is now worthless to me.

In terms of the text messages, what did you do to transfer your data before? Did you use the device transfer wizard? Let us know and I'll see what I can find.

Blackberry Link it transferred everything BUT the text messages Smiley Frustrated

@brianmartinuk
Contributor

They are planning to do something about the bridge right?
@brianmartinuk
Elite I

Ok, let me see if I can get support for your issue regarding the text messages, but everything I read suggests they should have transferred.

As far as Bridge goes, I wish I knew the response. The info is in the ReadMe file but hopefully RIM will see the feedback from multiple people and find a way to make this work. It's possible that this may just be an issue on the current PlayBook software, but I can't say for certain.

If you want to thank someone for their comment, do so by clicking the Thumbs Up icon.

If your issue is resolved, don't forget to click the Solution button on the resolution!

Contributor

Ok, let me see if I can get support for your issue regarding the text messages, but everything I read suggests they should have transferred.

- (btw I'm unsure how to do quotes on this forum)

It did look like it transferred but nothing has happened. However to confirm everything else transferred.

As far as Bridge goes, I wish I knew the response. The info is in the ReadMe file but hopefully RIM will see the feedback from multiple people and find a way to make this work. It's possible that this may just be an issue on the current PlayBook software, but I can't say for certain.

- What made the Playbook unique was the capabiltiies of the bridge. Now it is just any old tablet. I'm also pretty certain that the playbook used the 8520 internet connection when it wasn't connected to a wifi. You said that it uses z10 as if it was a new feature?

Brian

@brianmartinuk
Elite I

I didn't say it was a new feature. Just that it does. I don't work for BlackBerry... just a customer like you, and I'm just going with what I've seen with my devices.

Contributor

No I get that - I just thought I might had been wrong about it.

I do wish you were wrong about the bridge Smiley Tongue

@brianmartinuk
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

BrianFMartin wrote:

After you click on the REPLY button in a thread, your reply box opens and at the top right you'll see a big blue QUOTE button.

Good luck.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Contributor

JSanders wrote:

BrianFMartin wrote:

After you click on the REPLY button in a thread, your reply box opens and at the top right you'll see a big blue QUOTE button.

Good luck.

Oh cool, great ^_^ I must have missed that ^_^.

As a "resident expert" don't suppose you can help Smiley Tongue lol

One last thing, ermm.. On my 8520, the e-mail would sync with my gmail business app, but it isn't syncing, and it isn't allowing me to use pop or imap.

Am I missing something?

Thanks

@brianmartinuk