Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Developer
My Device: BlackBerry Passport (SQW100-1)
My Carrier: o2 (Telefónica Germany)

Please do not prefer twitter details!

[ Edited ]

I really like the ability to link my contacts with their twitter accounts but i don't like that the Contacts app prefers the details that are used for the linked twitter account.

Okay, lets start with a new contact:

First Name: Max

Last Name: Mustermann

Now the contact needs to be linked with an twitter account. Use an twitter account that has "max mustermann" (all letters lowercase!) as name. After adding the link to his twitter account the contact details look like the following:

First Name: max

Last Name: mustermann

I am not able to change this details anymore. I can, but they always gets updated to the details that are set for the twitter account. I need to drop the twitter link to get back the details i've set before. So, after dropping the link, the details look like:

First Name: Max

Last Name: Mustermann

Thats a nice feature if all my contacts have their correct names, correct spelling etc. set to their twitter account but if this isn't the fact, the linking is useless because you cannot use the details you've set.

I don't think asking them to change their details is the way we need to go.

Device: BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-2)

Software: 10.0.10.90

Twiiter: 10.0.2.3

-- Edit:

Seems like the problem is something else. I've tried to reproduce this behavior with another contact but wasn't able to...

First Name: Bobby

Last Name: Example

Now, if I link this contact with a twitter account that uses "Thorsten Heins" as name I still have the above contact details. "First Name" and "Last Name" aren't "Thorsten" and "Heins".

I don't really understand how the Contacts app decides which details to show...

Software Release: 10.3.1.1779