Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Problems after 10.2.1 update

1. Since updating the phone some of my quick dial contacts on the phone screen have the wrong names and / or images and the call log sometimes stateds incorrect names. This seems to be due to contacts somehow being linked incorrectly (this seems to have been done automatically and there are people with very different names & contact details being linked together)
  2. Battery life has taken a beating. Now it will not last 24 hrs (no WiFi, GPS or BlueTooth & No Push setup). Left it at 48% (nice you can see that!) last night and it had shut down sometime within 7 hrs, this has happened two nights in a row (1st night left at 38%).

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Problems after 10.2.1 update

1. Do you you notice in your Call Log (Tap the phone icon > Call Log) and do you happen to see one or two contacts that are the main problems?  Try this: Delete those favorited quick contacts (unfavorite them) and delete the one or two of those contacts that seem to be mixing up the most.  I had this happen where two contacts were mainly mixing up with several other contacts. Once I deleted those couple of contacts, all the others were fine and have remained fine.

2. After any OS upgrade on a BB10 device, it will take 48-72 hours for the device data syncing of email, contacts, social apps, etc., to complete and finish. High data transfer after an upgrade cause high processor use, which in turn causes high battery usage. Likewise, high processor use will cause some lag and initial slowness. Ignore and and be patient. It can take the 48 hours for all contacts to sync back to the device. And, the battery will recover after a few days. Just don't drain your battery to 10% or less each time, top off the charge. You'll notice a difference after a couple days.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Orange

Thanks for the quick reply J Sanders. 

I am noticing this on multiple contacts, for example one contact has 17 links (unrelated). I'll try to delete the favorites and the contacts that seems to be 'confused'...but looks like more than a couple. 

Sync'ing after the update seems plausable!...looking at the (cool) new Battery Monitor it seems the "PIM Services" and "System" are hammering the phone when I leave it alone at night! I'll keep it on charge tonight to ensure these processes can continue.

Thanks for your insight Smiley Happy

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

AmitW wrote:

I am noticing this on multiple contacts, for example one contact has 17 links (unrelated). I'll try to delete the favorites and the contacts that seems to be 'confused'...but looks like more than a couple.

Open your Contacts app and that one contact. Tap Links below and Unlink which don't belong.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code