Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q - 10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Problems w/ my Blackberry Extra Charger device for the Q-10

Hi there,

I'm a newbie to smartphones in general and Blackberry's in particular. Anyway I was wondering if anybody on here

has had any trouble/issues with the "Extra Battery Charger" ?  I ask because when I first got the charger the L.E.D. indicator on it would work fine (i.e. when the button was pressed to light up : green, yellow, or red). Recently when I have used it to charge a spare NX1 battery, for some strange reason when I press the button to check it's state of charge nothing happens Smiley Frustrated So I'm wondering if anybody on here has experienced the same problem and how to fix it (if can be fixed or do I need to replace the charger all together) ?    Thanks 

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Re: Problems w/ my Blackberry Extra Charger device for the Q-10

Does the battery and charger still work aside from the LED? If so, I'd just use it without the LED. This is the first I've heard of this problem, though.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Q - 10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Actually I thought it did until I connected  it to my freshly recharged BB Q10 (the charger w/ extra battery) and left it over night only to find out the next morning that the **bleep** thing discharged my my phones battery completely.

Smiley Frustrated   So besides the LED's not functioning the whole charger has just malfunctioned big time !

Anyway I'll just have to buy a new one and make sure the stores warranty (i.e. Best Buy etc.) will cover any future malfunctions So other than been obviously annoyed I'll now know never to order an electronic cell phone accessory from Amazon.com ever again.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry DTEK60, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

mine would not charge the battery one night, i unpluger the charger from the EBC and plugged it back in and it has worked since.

Next time you remove the battery, wait a few momnets until you put the dead one in as maybe the EBC gets confused when switching too fast. I have dupklicated it once but it took many tries to lock it up.

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V