Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: +
Accepted Solution

Problems with connection to Opel radio

I just got last week a Z10 for test. Was quiot impressed untill I wanted to connect to my Opel Insignia car radio. Actually got connected per blue tooth but my "phone book" resp. my contacts are not getting displayed and I can't take over the phone call at the steering wheel button! Any idea what to do besides changing the phone? Thx

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Problems with connection to Opel radio

Hey karlchen56,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

I would suggest asking the car manufacturer if they require the Bluetooth SIM access profile to access the contacts.  Currently the BlackBerry Z10 does not have this Bluetooth service.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: Bleckberry Z10 - STL100-2
My Carrier: Telekom

Hey ViciousFerret,

same with me (trying to use Z10 with Opel Insignia media system dvd800).

It's not simply not accessing the contacts...

Once successfully connected, you're not even able to accept incoming calls or to dial numbers directly. Only option is to start calls or accept call from the Z10 and use speakers and microphone of the car's system. Even hanging up is only possible on the Z10 itself.

The 9900 I had before worked like a charm without SAP or RSAP, even including acces to contacts...

Any ideas ?

Thanks + best regards from Munich / Germany

WalkePe

Regular Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

There is a specific forum on this issue but there has been no official word from BlackBerry till this post. Now that you have confirmed that SAP is not supported can you tell us if there are currently any plans to support SAP? A number of people are looking for a definitive response from BlackBerry. I look forward to your reply.
New Contributor
My Device: Black berry z 10
My Carrier: Airtel

[ Edited ]

It i mandatory for us to use SAP ( sim access profile ) as our incar phone in Mercedez and any other car version of 2008-12 generation and version that support  only SAP will not support other bluetooth profile to have usage of in car power antena, contact list transfer to in car phone , and use the in car dial pad etc.. please note there isnt  any other protocol other than SAP to engage all these features today. somplease do not transfer the problem to the car manufacturer when its clearly a handset issue to comply with standards based protocol

its clear Blackberry z 10 cannot support SAP in bluetooth ulike its old models such as 9700, 9780 etc..  when it comes to choosing between car and phone obviously we as user have no choice but to dump the phone , and retain the car

Now one question can the Blackberry bold 9900 ver 7.1 support the SAP ? else i swear all matured users will dump BB and move on with other devices.

New Contributor

Hello Tigershark24,

did u get any replay from BB??

Thx. for a short note.

Greetings

New Contributor

Hallo WalkePe,

hast du irgend eine Antwort von BB bekommen?? Danke für kurze info.

Gruß

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Hallo Karlchen56,

ich hatte die gleichen Probleme mit meinem Z10 und dem Opel Insignia - bis heute.

Ich habe heute morgen eine Version des Blackberry OS auf meinem Z10 installiert. Und heute nachmittag im Insignia hat wieder alles funktioniert.

Die neue Softwareversion wird regulär über Einstellungen/Softwareaktualisierung angeboten, wenn du nach Aktualisierungen suchen lässt.

Die VersionsNummer ist 10.1.0.2312

Vielleicht klappt jat jetzt auch alles bei dir?

Viel Erfolg!

New Contributor

Hallo Iwc10,

yeah, Super es funktioniert!! DANKE!!!! Jetzt bin ich echt happy mit meinem BB und Insignia!! Nochmals vielen Dank!!!

Schöne Grüße

Karlchen56

New Contributor

Hallo Walkepe,

Ich habe gestern Abend eine Tip bekommen und heute morgen eine Version des Blackberry OS auf meinem Z10 installiert. Und heute nachmittag im Insignia hat wieder alles funktioniert.

Die neue Softwareversion wird regulär über Einstellungen/Softwareaktualisierung angeboten, wenn du nach Aktualisierungen suchen lässt. Die VersionsNummer ist 10.1.0.2312

Bin sicher es klappt jetzt auch bei dir!

Viele Grüße

Karlchen56