Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: q10
My Carrier: vodafone

Q10 Contacts Issue

Hi,

Wondering if someone can help me out. There seems to be something wrong with my contacts on my Q10.

In the contacts app I am able to see all contacts, in the phone app I am able to see some and in text messages I'm able to see some.

It seems to be very random, as in, somebody might be in the contacts app but not in texts or phone. Or they could be in phone and contacts but not texts, even though their number is visible from the contacts app.

Is there anybody else having this issue? It's driving me mad having to switch between different apps to do a basic task!
Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10

Re: Q10 Contacts Issue

Hi jameshamuk and welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums!

When in the phone application, only contacts that have an associated phone number should appear. Similarly, when composing an SMS message, only contacts that have an associated Mobile number should appear.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

My Device: q10
My Carrier: vodafone

That's not really a solution?

There are numbers associated with all of my contacts (facebook and twitter contacts are turned off).

Only some appear in the phone and text application.
Highlighted
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

are they listed as phone numbers on the contact card?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: SFR

same here. when i transfered my 9790 to my q10, all contacts are there in the contacts app. but they don't all appear in the phone app... all my contacts have the same specs so not sure why they don't show in phone app... 

Guru I

salut johanzeller,

open one of that contacts, edit it and edit the phone number to put it in international format.
is it better after that?

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

No and all my contacts slready had international format. Starts + and country code and number
Guru I

only the + and then only numbers? No trailing space at all?

New Contributor

Buddy. I am the definition of a geek so i know how to use m stuff. I have had blackberries since day one and never had those issues. Since they all have the same format why would certain show ups?
Guru I

that is why I asked you to retype the phones numbers even if they look correct.

I have seen many people, whose data migration did not work perfectly for phone numbers.
Retyping the numbers manually solved their issue and the contacts appeared in the phone app as expected.

but if it does not work for you, I have to solution. Maybe recreate the contact entirely.