Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Q10 and Outlook 2010 - duplication when synching

I am using Active Synch to synch between Outlook 2010 and my Q10. Contacts are being doubled. Anybody run into this and fixed it and if so what did you do?

Thanks in advance.

Retired
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 smartphone

Re: Q10 and Outlook 2010 - duplication when synching

Hi arlesterc,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.

Are any of these contacts also present in any other accounts you have added to your BlackBerry Q10 smartphone? If they are, this KB article should provide more information on this issue. "The same person is listed twice within the Contacts application of the BlackBerry smartphone" http://blackberry.com/btsc/KB33253

Let me know if that helps.

-FS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: 9000
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Q10 and Outlook 2010 - duplication when synching

Sorry for taking so long to get back. No there are no other accounts. I will check the link you provided.  Also note that it is not as if 1 contact was being doubled  - it's thousands of contacts. One thing I have noticed is that when I add a new contact to my BB then there seems to be no problem. However when I modify an existing contact it seems to trigger the massive duplication. Why would modification be different? Is there a known problem along those lines.

A couple of other queries. 

It's only when I make modifications on the BB that this happens; nothing every goes wrong when I add contacts to Outlook or modify contacts in Outlook - the synch to the BB goes just fine.

The other issue is that when the synching starts to go crazy I usually run out of battery power as it's getting to 22 K contacts plus -when in fact I only have about a third of that. I then usually wipe and start again so I don't let the synching finish - I can't really use the phone. However does the synching work in such a way that the BB goes to astronomical numbers of contacts and then starts cleaning up to get back to the right number if you wait long enough.

is there a maximum number of contacts that the BB will synch?  Or is it dependent on something I can change - like add memory/SD.

Your response is appreciated in advance.