Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Bell

Q10 deletes emails without being prompted to do so

My Q10 deletes most emails that go into the server of my service provider without me doing anything. Sometimes within seconds, other times after half an hour and some messages stay on the phone. It is very annoying as I miss messages when I am not constantly checking the phone. This only happens with this account. When I get them from my web site they are okay. Anybody has experience with that?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Q10 deletes emails without being prompted to do so

Do you have any filters set up?

Are you sure they aren't going in to a different folder or a spam folder?

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

I tried to add a filter in priority hub but that did not change the behavior. All these messages are redirects from my computer email program that only sends a message to the phone if the sender is in my address book. I just saw they go into the junk folder. When I go to 'edit folder settings' in the account both trash and junk are highlighted and selected whereas 'inbox' and the others are greyed out but selected. I have tried to de-select the junk and trash folder but this also did not change the issue. How can I make sure the messages go into the inbox?

Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Actually I meant a filter on the server, this could explain emails disappearing as the accounts are synced.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor

No filter to my knowledge and according to theBell service techs. What I found is that the messages get placed into the junk folder and then the device just deletes them from the inbox but they are still in the junk folder. I talked to a BB tech and he did not know why the phone would do that.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: q10
My Carrier: q10

So Sorry for you!!! I was having the same Problem, and some Other users too, search inside this forum, lots of users reporting it but anything happens! ! We are left alone.
Anybody Can help you, and nobody understands this problem who wasn't involved.
Blackberry is ignoring our problem with this issue, and i really can't understand why.
Contributor

I have been on the phone with Bell and Blackberry for almost an entire afternoon. Both promised to 'escalate' to the next level. That was Saturday and Monday and so far no response. I am watching this on the web-based, Outlook-type app that Bell provides and it does the same thing: the msg appears in the inbox, then disappears into trash or junk. The question is: is it the phone doing this and the web-based program following or the other way around? I have even created a filter as all these messages come from the same (my) address to place all of them into the inbox but this has no effect whatsoever. I hope somebody is listening and provides a solution in the next software upgrade.