Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

RIM Data event on my Bell bill

I have tried searching for an answer re: "RIM Data" as an event listed on my Bell bill. Bell customer service did not know what it was. Whatever it is, it uses alot of my data allowance. The events are at odd times of the day. I have turned OFF my data services...which of course defeats the purpose of having a BB of any type. I can only receive/send emails, and use BBM if I am in a wifi spot. Can someone tell me what RIM Data is and how I can turn this off? Perhaps I simply did not set up my Q10 well enough when I bought it.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: RIM Data event on my Bell bill

Can you ask Bell if they removed the legacy BIS BlackBerry data plan from your account?
Did you previously have another BlackBerry before the current device?
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor
My Device: Q10 & Playbook
My Carrier: Bell

I will ask Bell about the BIS BB data plan.

I had a BB Bold before the Q10, and had unlimited data; so I did not pay attention to the data usage. With this recent development however, I went back to older detailed bills and found RIM Data events at very odd times of the day: ie: every hour from about 11pm up until 7 or 8am. Also, like clockwork, at 6pm. Sometimes the duration of the event (and still is if I have data services turned on), is up to about 1400-1500mins ??!!

Thanks!

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

If you have data turned off and wifi only on, you should dispute it. Wifi data is not flowing over Bell's mobile network.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code