Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Vodacom

SMS Disappear randomly from BB Hub

[ Edited ]

It has happened a number of times now and I have always been looking for the problem with myself, but now I am 100%  convinced that BB 10 does lose SMS randomly without you deleting them.

I have again lost sms's, this time for two consecutive days last week. I have read the SMS's last week and when wanting to retrieve a telephone number in one of the messages, found that ALL sms’s for last Thursday and Friday have simply disappeared into thin air. This has happened before - losing all sms's for a specific day.

It is so irritating and there are numerous references on the web about this bug in BB 10. Now it is costing me real money as I will never be able to retrieve that message or get it to be resend again. How can I ever trust my BB again?

I do weekly full backups and tried by restoring the backup of Sunday - no luck - two days SMS are gone.

I have a Q10 with ver 10.1.0.418. My Vodashop said I have the latest software and that there are numerous bugs like  these in BB 10.