Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Virgin

SMS Notification

BlackBerry Z10

When an SMS message is received, a user can open it via text or hub or wherever. Once it's open, the LED notification light will stop blinking. However, the SMS notification doesn't go away until the SMS is exited.

I receive a text message while my phone is locked. My LED will start blinking. I swipe up (only to the lock screen where time and stuff is displayed) and see a text message notification on the left side with a little red asterisk. I open the message and read it. Here is the problem. If I don't 'back out' of the text message back to the hub or wherever I accessed it from, the SMS notification remains, albeit without the red asterisk. Now, let's say I swipe up to the home screen, do whatever, then lock my phone. When I later swipe up to the lock screen, I still see that stupid little SMS symbol there, even though I've already read that message. The symbol does not go away until I go back into that text, and then back out (either by hitting the back button or swiping from the left).
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: SMS Notification

Hey VinniDeLaTorre,

Thanks again for the post.

This is by design in BlackBerry 10.  The notification will not disappear in BlackBerry Hub unless you choose back or exit in SMS messages.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!