Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.
BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)
BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.
"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."
- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com
Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.
09-09-2013 12:52 AM
I've got both z10 and q10 in the house and here's the issue.
If I send an SMS to my sister her number is +6391*3****** it sends out all ok. When I send an SMS to my phone +6391*7****** it will send to my sisters number. (Our numbers are only separated by 7 and 5, the rest are the same). I thought it only happened to the Q10 that my wife was using, when I tried it on the z10 same thing happened.
1) I dont think its a sim fault. why? i tried it with 3 different sims. sending on those numbers. same issue. My 2 sims and my wife's sim (she's using the q10 btw). I am not sure though if it is a network error since the 3 sims are from the same network (Globe Telecom - Philippines), 2 are LTE Sims and another one a non-LTE sim.
2) I deleted the whole SMS history of my sister, sent a new one to her and it sends well. I send to my number it gets sent to her. If I delete the history again and send first to my number, it sends out ok and when I send to my sister it now goes to my number.
3) Its not an OS ver. problem. Tried it with the carrier OS's, MR releases and even the 10.2's. Same thing happens.
4) Deleted my number and my sister's number, re-inputed them. Still the same issue.
Help. This may be a bug on the OS or whatever. Other than that, I'm enjoying the BlackBerry 10 so much.
09-11-2013 12:10 PM
Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community.
Thank you for your question regarding the SMS issue you are experiencing with your BlackBerry smartphone.
Are you selecting the Contact from your address list when sending the SMS message? Does the same issue occur if you manually type out the full number as a test?
Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp
Click "Accept as a Solution" for posts that have solved your issue(s)!
10-30-2013 11:42 PM