Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

DHL
Contributor
My Device: SQC100-4
My Carrier: Bell

Screen Lock

BB should incorporate the feature to allow the screen to stay on and not lock or time out when plugged into the charger. At the same time, if you are downloading or installing, the screen should not time out or lock.

When I am feeling blue, I just start breathing again!
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Re: Screen Lock

[ Edited ]

Why?

The downloading and installing still happens when the phone is locked.

The charger thing I half agree with but the only reason I can think of for wanting this is you have an app you want to watch, in which case it resides with the developer whether to allow the screen to lock or not.

Check that you don't have your device lock set to low minutes and have allowed apps to extend the lock time.

Settings->Security & Privacy->Device Password

Write to the app developer if you feel his/her app should implement this.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
DHL
Contributor
My Device: SQC100-4
My Carrier: Bell

BBSJdev, thanks for your response.

My device does not need a password. There is nothing on it that I need to secure. It's my phone, not my life.

Like my laptop, I would like the options of leaving the screen visible when it is plugged in. This has nothing to do with what apps are running. It would be a check box in Settings->Display.  There is no reason, when plugged in, to insist it times out after 5 minutes. 

Even though the downloads and installs happen when locked, I would like to see the progress from start to finish. 

When I am feeling blue, I just start breathing again!
Highlighted
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

Fair enough. Maybe someone from the BlackBerry dev team will read this and implement in a future release. :-)

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.