Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: T-mobile

Simple COPYing of information

I used to have a BB 9300  had to give it up as the keyboard quit working so I decided to take the plunge with the BB Z10   what a mistake!  I would have been better off to fix the 9300.  it was soooo much easier to use.  for example I want ot look up someone in my phone and text that persons number to someone else.  With the old 9300 highlight the area I want to copy select and copy select the person I want to send the number to and click send text and paste and I am done.

With the Z10 I got to type in the persons name I am unable to select the phone number I have to now go to the persons contact by highlighting that person and waiting for the side slider to appear then click edit hold my finger on  the persons phone # hit select all then hold down again hopefully the side bar thing will show I have selected then hit cancel then gesture up then I have to click on the bottom buttons to open up the text or find the person I want to send the phone # to then realise that the clipboard is empty go back and forth its actually easier to write down the number and then type it in then to going through all this mind bending effing around to do something so simple as to text someone a 3rd persons freaking phoen number.

Now I know there is going to be some kind of resident expert guy whho is going to respond and say "you just send them a vcf card with the share function".  well that doesnt work with txt.  personally when I get downloads on my text messaging system as i dont want to downloand any viruses  I cannot comprehend why doing something so simple has to be so freaking hard that i have to come here and write about what a total pain in the **bleep** this is simple thing that I do all the time is on this super duper phone.  I want it to do these tasks easily!

Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Simple COPYing of information

Nah, I'm not gonna say anything.

Not a 'freaking' thing.

You aren't asking nicely. We're users just like you. We don't need yelling at and told all this 'freaking' stuff.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code