Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: EE

Skype and Video calling on Z10 !!

I bought Yesterday Z10 and am pretty dissappointed to know that SKYPE is not available ? Is there any way i can download skype and if not how long will it take to have SKYPE app ?

Also I tried using Gtlak for Call and Video Chat but it did not work. 

Does Video Chat will only work on BBM ? What if other person does not have BB, cant I do Video Chat ?

Now, I am in dilemma whether to keep the phone or return it, as without basic features I am feeling i took a wrong decsion. However, I loved the look and other features.

Looking forward for reply, as my decision to keep my phone will be very much dependent on reply.

Thank You.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Skype and Video calling on Z10 !!

Hello,

While I disagree that SKYPE is a "basic feature" (after all, it only existed before on a very limited sub-set of BBs/carriers), it is not available yet. It has been promised that it's coming, but at present it's not available. I do not recall the timeframe until it will be available...a quick search revealed many different opinions, so I'll just leave it at that.

BBM includes it's own video chat that, yes, works within BBM...so is not cross-platform, but limited to being between two BBM users.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

First Option Return it

Second option  if you download skype it wont work.

New Contributor

I really loved the fone. But only problem is lack of app. Truly speaking, i would rate it above any phone but its just app which has dissappointed me like anything. I was waiting for this phone from months. N now am in dilemma, after buying it Smiley Sad 

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

sell sell sell !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Passport SE & LG G4
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile

Lack of Skype is disappointing.  It's offset for me as many of my friends have PlayBooks and being able to call a PB from the Z10 is pretty cool. (Yes, I know it is pretty much a standard feature on other platforms, but I still like it!).

Skype is coming though and it should be here before the end of the month though it will be an Android port.  But if it works with no issues, who cares?!

New Contributor

Truly speaking, i loved the phone and have decided to not part my ways with it. But just hoping that BB get good apps which have become kinda of necessity these days and skype is one of them. and hope app for skype is not only for text or voice for supports video as well.

Regular Contributor

You can disagree all you want , however if you live in the real world you will notice that all other smartness have skype, Tango, Viber as main features.

As for the others select the link this website is for downloading  skype, that doesn't work, whatsapp and other android apps the BB still didn't wake up to .

http://apps.goodereader.com/playbook/playbook-android-apps/?did=177

Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

zeyadq8 wrote:

You can disagree all you want , however if you live in the real world you will notice that all other smartness have skype, Tango, Viber as main features.

My disagreement has nothing to do with other smartphones...only in comparing BB10 to prior BlackBerry platforms, on which Skype has always been extremely limited in availability.

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Globe

I have this confusion which phone i will get. I have decided to get bb10 upon checking the reviews it is pretty awesome but unfortunately upon reading some blog reviews and other feedbacks its like what they say that bb10 is a good phone features are great but what the consumer need is what else they can do with their phones. Lacking off in demand applications is a big lost. Consumer nowadays are smarter than just an invented phone. What we need is something that gives what we need. What is the sense of having a good phone if not all of the necessities of the consumer where there. If you are releasing a launching product it should be released as a whole package not just partially finished.. Very much disappointed.