Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Skype and Video calling on Z10 !!

Sinner08 wrote:
I have this confusion which phone i will get. I have decided to get bb10 upon checking the reviews it is pretty awesome but unfortunately upon reading some blog reviews and other feedbacks its like what they say that bb10 is a good phone features are great but what the consumer need is what else they can do with their phones. Lacking off in demand applications is a big lost. Consumer nowadays are smarter than just an invented phone. What we need is something that gives what we need. What is the sense of having a good phone if not all of the necessities of the consumer where there. If you are releasing a launching product it should be released as a whole package not just partially finished.. Very much disappointed.

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

On the day of release, there were 70,000 apps available...the largest ever for any mobile device, I believe. Now, as to if those contained what anyone needed, that's a much more challenging evaluation...find 10 people and ask them what they need, and you'll likely get 10 different answers.

Note, however, that Skype just released today.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor
My Device: 9900
My Carrier: Globe

And by the way its not that hard to build an existing application into a different OS in my current work we are developing applications for IOS applications. If you want to satisfy your customers just be realistic guys. If you want to win againts samsung and apple make sure never to bettray your believers..
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Sinner08 wrote:
And by the way its not that hard to build an existing application into a different OS in my current work we are developing applications for IOS applications. If you want to satisfy your customers just be realistic guys. If you want to win againts samsung and apple make sure never to bettray your believers..

Ummm...I think you may have missed something...you keep saying "you" and such...please note that no one here in this thread, including myself, is a BlackBerry employee. We're all just other users...for that is what this site is...a user-to-user community. It is not a channel for any formal communications with, escalation to, nor support from BlackBerry for anything whatsoever.

Second...BlackBerry does not develop all apps...there is an entire community of app developers out there, who are each responsible for their own apps. Consequently, you might want instead to berate them for their laziness....berating here is doing so to other users, who may well be just as hopeful for forward motion in this regard.

Last...I do not expect any player to "win". Rather, I expect things to continue as they do...with market share between the players constantly shifting as it does, and those who cannot compete falling away. The recent 1M order of Z10 devices by a major player may bode quite well actually for the future of BlackBerry!

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Actualy blackberry really owned my eyes. Even i am affected with the blogs and comments i will get the phone. Smiley Very Happy its just i hate it you guys are so intelligent when talking about innovation thats why i like you guys the most.
New Contributor

When i saying you its the bb i am talking about.
Regular Contributor
My Device: BB10 With sadness
My Carrier: wataniya

Its not the quantity its the quality, 70,000 apps  only a few are useful

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Rogers

@zeyadq8 - the same can be said for every platform! How many far apps does one need???!? Smiley Very Happy

I would venture to say that on most platforms the ratio of useless apps to useful apps is probably quite close.

That's not to say that there aren't a few that I am missing on my new z10! Smiley Wink
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: Bold 9780
My Carrier: Claro

I own the Z10. The best BlackBerry yet... but yes, it is limited to apps. If they launch it with apps that are basic on the rest, BlackBerry, will have no competitors. The creators of the communications like we know today, now just watch how the others goes to number 1 position and still nothing...wake up BlackBerry!!! Z10 is awesome, just add practical apps. That's it!!!
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

I've been hearing Skype is close by launch now.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: starhub

Zeyadq8 skype is coming in the 10.1 release. But your enthusiasm to make Ashish return his phone shows a vested interest.

I moved from an iphone 4s to the z10 a month ago and from personal experience can say this phone does so many things just a bit better than my iphone 4s. Is it revolutionary? Not as much as iphone1 was to the industry but definitely a lot lot more than what iphone5 was at the time of its launch. And I say revolutionary to the industry, not blackberry alone.

Never used a Samsung but have heard pretty good things about it though for size reason didn't take it.

Unless you are paid by someone to bash it, I would recommend you to try it for a week. Give it a week because the benefits are not immediately visible. After a week very likely you will not want to use the iphone after that.