Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Social Apps Disconnected

Dear BlackBerry Support Community

It has been a while since I have been on our website and am glad to be back though I will have to go again due to my very busy scheadule.

I am a bit concerned with some of my applications.

Yesterday I found that when my girlfriend called me, her name did not appear, so I went to look in my contact book to see if her detail were there, they were all gone. 

The call she made to me was not logged in the calls folder either but I found her number in missed calls folder, so I went to see if I could find her in my what'sapp.

I found the number but I had to add in her name again.

Then I noticed she was not the only name that had gone missing.

I had not long gone through a lot of my contacts to edit them again, then I tried to go into my facebook application and this was signed out/logged off which is something I never do.

I have noticed that my email accounts keeps logging out every so often the last two to three weeks.

Then to top it all, I have had to reset my password here, when my password is already remember on this PC.

Is there something within BlackBerry servers and database, it has been worrying.

I do hope I am the only one this is happening to.

JTValerie
Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Social Apps Disconnected

Hey jtv,

Thanks for the post.

This would sound like BlackBerry Internet Service issue however you're using a BlackBerry 10 smartphone which these services are no longer available.

Do you find the disconnection happens at night?  Also are you always connected to a Wi-Fi network or just the mobile network?

It sounds like a data related issue, since it is causing the sign-out of all the applications and doing this it will remove all the contacts from the contact list.  Once the connection is stable, do the contacts re-appear again?

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Super Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 3 UK

Re: Social Apps Disconnected

Dear ViciousFerret

Am so sorry I have not replied sooner, I have been caught up with a uni coarse I've started.

Yes I always keep my WiFi on and this is automatic when I am not tethering.
I did not find this happening only at night.

I keep connected to WiFi, where I can get intense connections for all my applications, when I am near any, hotspots.

I have almost forgotten how my BB OS7 used to work to make any comparisons, though I do know both OS6-7 and 10 are incomparitable.
JTValerie