Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Thank you for visiting the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

BlackBerry will be closing the BlackBerry Support Community Forums Device Forums on April 1st (Developers, see below)

BlackBerry remains committed to providing excellent customer support to our customers. We are delighted to direct you to the CrackBerry Forums, a well-established and thorough support channel, for continued BlackBerry support. Please visit http://forums.crackberry.com or http://crackberry.com/ask. You can also continue to visit BlackBerry Support or the BlackBerry Knowledge Base for official support options available for your BlackBerry Smartphone.

"When we launched CrackBerry.com 10 years ago, we set out to make it a fun and useful destination where BlackBerry Smartphone owners could share their excitement and learn to unleash the full potential of their BlackBerry. A decade later, the CrackBerry community is as active and passionate as ever and I know our knowledgeable members and volunteers will be excited to welcome and assist more BlackBerry owners with their questions."

- Kevin Michaluk, Founder, CrackBerry.com

Developers, for more information about the BlackBerry Developer Community please review Join the Conversation on the BlackBerry Developer Community Forums found on Inside BlackBerry.

New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

Software Update Interrupted 10.1.0.273

I can't update to 10.1.0.273. I've tried plugged in to power, rebooted, different wifi. I always get a message that 'software update interrupted'.

I don't really feel like wiping my phone. Any ideas?
Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: Software Update Interrupted 10.1.0.273

I had this happened to me on a brand new Z10. I called Verizon and they informed me this is one of those moments where you have to hate RIM. According to Verizon when you are doing the update process and your phone loses signal, or turns off during the update process, the phone goes into an "unfixable state". The only way to fix the phone according to Verizon is by sending the phone back and getting a new one.

They also said "to make sure when anyone does updates with the phone to do them when you will have the best signal and the phone is plugged in. DO NOT move the phone during the update process to maximize a successful update process." 

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: MCel

Can anyone from BB confirm what renegade says? I live in extremely rural Mozambique and sending my phone somewhere isn't an option. It just says "the software download was interrupted. Please try again". It has a "cancel update" button to push but it doesn't actually work. Please someone give me a solution that doesn't include loosing my phone.
New Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: rogers

I'll call my carrier this week and see if there is an easy solution.