Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 - STL100-4
My Carrier: warid

Software down grade!

I have Z10 STL100-4, It came up with 10.1 OS and later I update it to 10.2 OS. What if I wipe the phone or reload the device from BBliNK, what would happen to my device would it downgrade to factory given OS 10.1 or remain same on updated version 10.2? Please do relpy.

Ammar
Highlighted
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Software down grade!

Hello,

When you reload the OS via BBLink, you will select the OS that will be installed to the BB...you will be in control. The currently supported OS levels from your carrier will be offered via this method.

There are other methods as well, including Sachesi and AutoLoader, to accomplish OS upgrades/reloads. However, these methods would allow you to select an OS level that has not yet been approved by your specific carrier.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

It would stay on 10.2 as you have overwritten the previous one but as @sdgardne says it is possible to go back to the another version, using the methods mentioned, if needed.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10 - STL100-4
My Carrier: warid

Thanks for your reply, please do some more as if I can downgrade to 10.1 OS via BBLink would I again elligble for OS 10.2

Ammar
Developer
My Device: Playbook, Dev Alpha C, Z10 LE, Z30
My Carrier: Orange

You wouldn't be able to use Link you would have to use one of the other methods.
I don't quite understand what you mean by eligible but it is perfectly acceptable to do so if that's what you want.

If you've been helped click on Like Button, if you've been saved buy the app. Smiley Happy

Developer of stokLocker, Sympatico and Super Sentences.
Hall of Famer III
My Device: DTEK50 (AAH108), PRIV (AAH995), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1917)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

In addition, LINK will offer you only those OS levels currently approved by your carrier. As they move through their cycle, they will add newer versions and remove older versions. But only you can see, via LINK, which versions your carrier is offering to you. But, again, via LINK your carrier is in control of what you will see as available OS levels.

Via the other methods, you can ignore what your carrier currently supports and install any valid level that you can find.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................