Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: O2

The Blackberry calls screen

I'm just getting used to the controls on my new Z10, but have a question about something which is proving difficult.

The calls screen in the hub, the one that lists all your recent calls, if you click on a number it just instantly dials it. Is there a way to turn this off? Because it is too easy to click on one of the numbers when you meant to scroll the list or to a gesture, I've made several accidental calls today while looking at this list.

Also, when you have a missed call you get a notification about it and a star in the hub, however as far as I can tell, this star will never ever go away, so if you miss a call then your hub will show 'one unread notification' for all time... which is irritating, as now I when I see the hub say '1' unread notification, I have to read is a 'no new notifications' 2 means 1, 3 means 2 and so on.

Retired
My Device: 9500, 8110, 8700, 8220, 9100, 9800, 9810, Z10

Re: The Blackberry calls screen

Hello mcallisterw

Thank you for your questions. 

Regarding your first questions, unfortunately there is no setting that will allow you to turn off the dial feature when click on a call in the call log. 

Regarding your second question, while in the hub tap and hold your finger on the missed call, now you should see a side bar pop up on the right hand side and you will have a delete option. If you choose the delete option on the missed call do you then still see the star notification in the hub?

Let us know how you make out and if you have any other questions. 

-SR

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: 8900
My Carrier: O2

[ Edited ]

I imagine deleting would work, but after a few hours the notification went away, I'm not sure what made it go away.

Ideally I'd rather not have to delete missed calls as soon as I miss them.

Developer
My Device: Z30 / PlayBook 64GB
My Carrier: Virgin Mobile UK

Another way,

In the hub, tap the hub button and select calls.

Hold your finger on the top date.

The action menu will pop up and one of the options is to mark prior read. Select that and the call notifications will be removed.

Follow me on Twitter1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!