Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Time Zone Wrong Only in Calendar

Hey experts,

My device time zone is set to -7 Mountain. But when I create an event the default time zone is -7 Chihuahua. I change the event time zone to mountain and save. Then when I look at the event it is an hour off of what it should be. I am pretty sure it is due to the calendar thinking my current local time zone being chihuahua... How can the calendar time zone and the device time zone be different?
Chivalry Will Never Die
Retired

Re: Time Zone Wrong Only in Calendar

Hi captainbdsc,

When you create a new calendar entry in your BlackBerry Z10, which calendar is selected by default at the top of the appointment?

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

It is one of my Gmail accounts. The default one I set shows up there.
Chivalry Will Never Die
Retired

Try changing it to the other Gmail account or Local Calendar, then see if the behavior still exists.

Thanks.

-CptS

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Kudos! for those who have helped you.

Click Solution? for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor

I tried changing the default calendar, but the same behavior exists. I also tried deleting all my cloud based calendars and doing a battery pull, but it still shows Chihuahua as the time zone only in the calendar; device time zone is still Mountain.
Chivalry Will Never Die
Contributor

I did some more experimentation. I checked my wife's iPhone for the same calendar entry. (I invited her to the event.) It should show up at the correct time since her device is set to Mountain time. But it showed the same incorrect hour difference. I changed the event to Chihuahua time and now it shows up at the correct time on both my Z10 and the iPhone.

So, it appears that my calendar time zone is correct, but visually it incorrectly shows the default of Chihuahua.

This is a dumb annoying bug, but I guess I will live with it by just leaving it on Chihuahua until the next update.
Chivalry Will Never Die