Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Solutions: 6,357
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Trident Cases for the Ultimate Z10 Protection

[ Edited ]

4220-large-ba91a7ca-6b06-46cb-ba3f-1edf4438bcdd.jpgThis past week I've been trying out two cases provided by TridentCase.com made for the Z10 BlackBerry. There are three cases in their Z10 series, the Perseus A.M.S. Case, the Aegis Case, and the Kraken A.M.S. Case.

My initial reaction to Trident as a company... they cover the entire range of smartphone protection you'd need for your Z10.

The three cases cover the range of protection you'd need, from simple light protection to the highest protection you might need.

IMG_00000295.jpg

The Perseus case is not just another silicone slip case. It's a silicone case on steroids, with extra thick corners and edges. It’s extremely smooth to the touch like you’d expect a silicone case. It’s not extremely tight fitting like I’d wish (but that actually makes it even easier to remove and insert).The have nine different colors and retail for $14.95USD.

One thing that surprised me is that the Perseus case came with its own self-installable screen protector, along with a nice screen cloth and applicator tool (and detailed instructions). That makes the price worth it.

The Kraken A.M.S. Case is the ultimate case for using your Z10 in extreme environs and appears to be able to overcome some harsh conditions. According to the website this Kracken “meets military Standard MIL-STD-810F: vibration, dust, sand, rain, drop (Independently Tested)” and I can certainly believe that. The case includes plugs over the port openings and built-in screen protector and a landscape media stand, along with a belt/holster.

IMG_00000298.jpgThis is case pretty much covers anything you do with your Z10 (except certainly not snorkeling!). I used it this past weekend in some fairly dusty and dirty conditions (on my tractor cutting some fields back with 5-6’ high grass, weeks and bushes. In the past, my BlackBerry would be all dusty and I never liked seeing that. The Kracken case kept my Z10 all night clean, not a speck of anything on it. Even with all this protection, the case is fairly easy to clip over the Z10 and I was actually surprised at how easy it was to remove. I didn’t have to fight it all (I’ve had other cases I honestly thought I was going to have to break to get my BlackBerry from it’s grips). Not so with this one.

Bulky? Oh heck yes. Very much bulky and of course with good reason with all the corner bumpers and added polycarbonate plastic. But if you work in construction, agriculture or law enforcement, you’d come to appreciate the bulk pretty quick.

The Kracken comes in five colors and is available with many of the Kracken accessories such as a universal clamp and bike mounts. Just a note also, the Perseus case is included with the Kracken, so you wouldn’t need to purchase both. The Kracken retails for $49.95USD.

Trident also makes a mid-range case, known as the Aegis case, which I haven’t tried. You can also find other BlackBerry cases for legacy devices and the PlayBook.  On twitter, @TridentCase or www.TridentCase.com

- JSanders

IMG_00000299.jpg

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Trusted Contributor
My Device: 9600
My Carrier: BBM

Re: Trident Cases for the Ultimate Z10 Protection

its really cool iam also using same type of Trident Cases for the Ultimate Z10 Protection for my BB10 device

deepakg
Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: Trident Cases for the Ultimate Z10 Protection

my wife uses a green one

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V