02-01-2014 11:14 AM
After the Verizon update to 10.2, I am unable to save pictures received via MMS to the device. The screen dims like it is going to work, but after a (too long) delay the screen returns to where I was before viewing the picture. On the plus side, it does allow me to share, and after doing this a few times, the suggestion comes up to my email so I can email the pictures to myself and at least I have access to them on my computer.
As expected, my testing shows the same problem with pictures received via BBM and via eMail.
Since the 10.2 update, EVRYTHING runs in super slow motion, and leads an inpatient user to think the phone is hung up. In this case I'm sure that this is an error, not a delay because I have waited and waited for the function to work properly.
02-01-2014 12:09 PM
03-11-2014 11:33 AM
03-11-2014 01:47 PM
03-19-2014 04:07 PM
I tried the latest update for BBOS but still didn't fix it. Also tried several other options including MMS Advanced settings and Registering on Network. No dice.
So, here's my guidance....
...it's a pain in the **bleep**, but just bite the bullet and do the factory reset.
1) Sync everything, including media
2) Backup - do the complete backup including media (restoring media manually from sync is tedious)
3a) Do the latest BB OS update (if applicable)
3b) If updating, do another Complete Backup as above
4) Factory Reset
- [secure wipe ...took almost an hour, then shuts off phone]
5) Initial setup (including BB ID... preferable to do this now)
6) Allow the prompted update of the OS
7) Send yourself a text (SMS) message, then try replying to your own SMS with another text message and attach a picture (should indicate that it's switching to MMS). If this doesn't work, let your carrier know as your phone is likely defective.