Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Update to OS 10.2 (official) from 10.1 (official) breaks Android ported apps

Hi all,

I have opened ticket # INC000027086912 with BlackBerry support on this matter, but I got unlucky and ended up with a phone rep who is still learning English (no hating, just saying it makes it really tough to make progress on the issue):

On my Bell Z10 I upgraded from official 10.1 OS to 10.2 official and since then none of my apps that are Android ports (such as Skype, Kindle, Ghost Commander, bVNC, St John's Ambulance, etc) are able to launch anymore.

I'll tap any of their icons and then see a black BlackBerry 10 screen with a blue progress bar at the bottom and about halfway in its progress the screen closes back to the icons menu page and leaves no trace of an active
frame.

Help.

I have restarted the device a few times including battery pull, and that's about it. I reinstalled Skype but no change in result.

I have no sideloaded apps installed.

Forums Advisor III
My Device: Passport & PlayBook
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Update to OS 10.2 (official) from 10.1 (official) breaks Android ported apps

Good day

Well just get the updated BAR file should be no problem.

Only sideloaded app I had problem with was INSTAGRAM, but when I installed it again the keyboard works prefect and now I'm able to RECORD VIDEOS