Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Blackberry Playbbok, Z10
My Carrier: Rogers
Accepted Solution

Updated Link

My understanding BB has updated the Link software to repair some minor bugs that resulted in a less that perfect transfer of data from older phones as well as allowing you to restore the BB10 OS. When we attempted to transfer the data form my daughter's Bold 9780 to her new Z10; the Z10 locked up and we had to return it for a replacement. She sold her 9780 before the replacement  Z10 arrived,  so I used BB Desktop and created a backup of her 9780 before doing a security wipe. Is there any way of now getting the backup data transferred to the replacement Z10. I have been thinking of borrowing a 9780 to use as a "mule" to reload my daughter's data and then use the LInk to transfer the data. I am hoping that there might be a way of converting the backup file to a format the BB10 can recognize. Any ideas would be appreciated.

Trusted Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry PlayBook

Re: Updated Link

BlackBerry Link does understand the old backups, it calls them "Legact Backups". Just connect the BlackBerry 10 device to the computer and select Backup. Select the folder icon on BlackBerry Link application and navigate to the location of the 9780 backup file, it will be called a "Legacy Backup".

Note however that not all information is transferred from the 9780 to the z10 as some of the data/settings are not supported on the z10 from the 9780 6.0 device. Check out the below Knowledge Base for more info on supported data: