Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Regular Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: EMT

Re: Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Update

ctmartin329. lucky you.

My phone is completely ff'ed. apps work but I can not make any calls, send SMS messages etc.

I atempted a downgrade and this took like 6+ hours. After that, nothing has changed - no calls, no SMS but data works.

I can not even clikc on that little phone icon that's on the left side (Q10)

On top of that, can not change my APN from escreen. Smiley Sad

It's one of those ffff.... moments

ffffuuuu.png

New Contributor
My Device: z10 stl100-1
My Carrier: att

I found the update from another source and downloaded it. After that I just drug the file (which was about 250mb) to the install box of Sachesi and the program did the rest. Crackberry directed me to the download site. I hope it helps. I don't think I will be using Sachesi to find my updates or backups just install .
Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

You guys are getting off topic here. There are other updates you can get that are less complete than downloading from Sachesi. You run the risk of not having a radio file like Completing is complaining about or not getting all the updated bar files.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Regular Contributor
My Device: Z30

I just bought an unlocked Z30. Will use it with AT&T (in U.S.A. and Puerto Rico).

1. When a new OS version is available, will Blackberry sent it to my device using OTA, or will I need to manually install it?
  2. Using Sachesi, what country, carrier, etc. would I use (since it's unlocked not clear what would be the correct settings)?
Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

You might be able to get updates via BlackBerry Link.

Usually I just watch for new versions released by some carrier and use Sachesi to get it and install it.

John Hanks
Regular Contributor

If I use Sachesi, even though I am on AT&T, but phone is unlocked, will selecting AT&T as carrier work OK? Are the updates available faster on Sachesi or via Blackberry Link?

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

From what I've seen, all Z30's use the same OS and Radio, so it doesn't seem to matter if you use Link or Sachesi and any carrier.

Remember, if it's available on Sachesi, that means that BlackBerry and at least 1 carrier has released it, it's not a leaked OS or beta version.  Of course, there could be bugs, but that is the case with ALL operating systems, computers, phones, everything.  These things are the most complex things there are of most anything we have in our lives.

John Hanks
Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

ahpitre wrote:

If I use Sachesi, even though I am on AT&T, but phone is unlocked, will selecting AT&T as carrier work OK? Are the updates available faster on Sachesi or via Blackberry Link?

When you insert the ATT SIM card, if ATT releases a new upgrade, you will get notification of the upgrade. ATT is slow to release upgrades.

So, using Sachesi will normally allow you to have a higher release and more timely... if you choose to upgrade.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
Regular Contributor

But, this phone is unlocked (bought it straight from Blackberry), can AT&T still whithold updates?

JSanders wrote:

ahpitre wrote:

When you insert the ATT SIM card, if ATT releases a new upgrade, you will get notification of the upgrade. ATT is slow to release upgrades.

So, using Sachesi will normally allow you to have a higher release and more timely... if you choose to upgrade.

Solutions: 6,376
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Unlocked or not, that has to do with whose SIM card will work in the device and has nothing do to the OS upgrades.

The SIM card inserted controls the over the air updates.

You can always upgrade otherwise, as described.

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code