Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Elite II
My Device: BlackBerry Z30
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: Upgrading BB10 OS Using Sachesi for an OTA-like Update

John_Clark wrote:
I argue now, based on the 10.2.1 update, that the BB10 devices are truly better than any android or iOS device. I only hope others start to realize it.

No truer words have ever been spoken!  Anyone who thinks differently hasn't truly taken the time to appreciate BB10 running 10.2.1. Period!

Cheers.  Smiley Happy

- If my response has helped you, please click "Options" beside my post and mark it as solved. Clicking the "thumbs up" icon near the bottom of my response would also be appreciated.

Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

HennyBone wrote:
I've tried restarting Sachesi, my computer, my phone and disabled blackberry link....still no luck with Sachesi finding my phone via USB connection to my computer (windows 7) Smiley Sad

Does BB Link find the device? 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917

twalker3079 wrote:

John,

unfortunately the Sachesi didnt work.  It loaded the update on my PC however it kept "search for USB device" and never did anything else.  My device went into a red blinking six times sequence. 

Was your device doing this led sequence before you tried Sachesi?  If Sachesi can't find your device there's no way it could have caused the device to malfunction and go into an led flashing sequence.  You might want to start another thread with your issue and start by describing exactly what happened. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry q10
My Carrier: at&t

It was working fine prior to attempting the update with Sachesi.  It appeared that it was downloading the 10.2.1 update and then after about an hour it went blank, I could not wake up the screen to check the device status and the red blinking sequence was in progress.  I am now restoring the previous software (10.1.2030), very boring software that is.  Too bad for me that that I dont get to enjoy the new update

Guru II

twalker3079 wrote:

It was working fine prior to attempting the update with Sachesi.  It appeared that it was downloading the 10.2.1 update and then after about an hour it went blank, I could not wake up the screen to check the device status and the red blinking sequence was in progress.  I am now restoring the previous software (10.1.2030), very boring software that is.  Too bad for me that that I dont get to enjoy the new update

I don't understand.  If it said "searching for USB device" how could you even start the install process?   

New Contributor

Im sorry for being confusing, the "searching for USB" was after it began downloading.  I am obviously a novice.  

Guru II

twalker3079 wrote:

Im sorry for being confusing, the "searching for USB" was after it began downloading.  I am obviously a novice.  

So, it initially found the device, you dragged and dropped the OS folder into the install box and it started to load but then it dropped the connection and said "searching for USB device?" 

Are you sure you downloaded the correct OS for your device?  Q10/Q5 are the same so you just needed the download for Q10.  It should have been 154 files. 

New Contributor

Yes thats it! It loaded 154 files, then began loading onto the Q10, then after an hour it all stopped, thats when the screen went blank, red led blinking, and then the 'Searching for usb".  Nothing else happened after that

Trusted Contributor
My Device: Using Unlocked Passport, VZW Classic, Two Z10's, Playbook, Q10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless, AT&T MVNO Consumer Cellular

Maybe you should consider using an Autoloader and start fresh. You can always revert back to the official OS like you are doing now.
http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/lengend-presents-os-10-2-1-2141-autoloaders-al...

John Hanks
Guru II

And you downloaded ALL the files into a folder first, before dragging into the install box?