Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Aircel

Used Autoloader to get 10.2.1 and MISSING FILE MANAGER, MUSIC, VIDEO, AND many other apps

So today i used autoloader to get 10.2.1 update on my z10.. after the update i cannot find music, picture viewer, video, and file manager apps

this is totally annoying

Help me with this issue Smiley Sad

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Used Autoloader to get 10.2.1 and MISSING FILE MANAGER, MUSIC, VIDEO, AND many other apps

Hello,

From what you describe, you probably found an incomplete AutoLoader. There are many floating around, some of them Engineering-level builds that are intentionally stripped of many things to provide a platform for some specific test or development effort. It sounds like you got one of those. So you need to find a different one that is hopefully more complete.

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor
My Device: 9900, Z10
My Carrier: tmobile

Re: Used Autoloader to get 10.2.1 and MISSING FILE MANAGER, MUSIC, VIDEO, AND many other apps

Pls where can one get to download the complete autoloader which won't wipe off data contained on the phone? Thanks
Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Hello,

There is no such thing...all AutoLoaders are fully destructive, completely replacing everything on the device (OS, apps, data, etc.). For non-destructive updates, the Sachesi method is the recommended means:

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
Contributor

Thanks a lot, will try that out and let u know d result. Thanks
Contributor

thanks sdgardne, for some reasons which i dont know, the autoloader and following the instrcutions dint work for me .will continue searching, thank you.

Hall of Famer III

I don't understand what you tried, nor what happened. I thought you were needing non-destructive means...hence, AutoLoaders are not what you need. I am confused...and therefore can't offer you any advice...

Contributor

Yea,needed non-destructive autoloader to upgrade my OS to 10.2 but when I tried the one suggested, it was unsuccessful like wen it got to the point to install the folders on my phone,i think it said no enough memory and deleted some large files to create some space inn order to continue the installation but the files stopped installing to the phone and all efforts to continue the installation failed.
Hall of Famer III

This is very confusing...

bolenchy wrote:
Yea,needed non-destructive autoloader

And, as I said, there is no such thing.

bolenchy wrote:
but when I tried the one suggested

Since I did not suggest a non-destructive autoloader (since there is no such thing), I am not at all sure what exactly you attempted. Did you attempt Sachesi? Please try to be specific...remember, we cannot see you and have only your words to help us understand. If we don't understand correctly, we risk giving you incorrect advice.

bolenchy wrote:
it was unsuccessful like wen it got to the point to install the folders on my phone,i think it said no enough memory and deleted some large files to create some space inn order to continue the installation but the files stopped installing to the phone and all efforts to continue the installation failed.

Hmmm...that's all a bit confusing, and lacking in clarity (as in "i think it said"...). Specifics and details are critical to helping us to understand, and our understanding is critical to providing you with useful advice. When you say "all efforts to continue the installation failed", we have no ability to understand what those efforts were nor what exactly happened from them.

All in all, I am quite confused. Can you help us understand better? Maybe then we can provide you with useful guidance.

Contributor

Thank you, it's sachesi I attempted and followed all the instructions so when it got to the part that says u should drag n drop the folder named 10.2.1.2102 so after I dropped the folder,it was installing so it stopped and showed a message that there's no more space on the device so I went to remove some of the large files i have to create space but after creating d space,the installation failed to continue and I did all to make d installation proceed, no success. So I don't knw why d installation cudnt continue after creating the space by deleting some files on my phone and I tried everything, it dint work. But are u saying this sachesi too has destructive effect? Cos ve used one before that wiped out my picture,video app even after restoring my device from back up