Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: z10, playbook
My Carrier: nfdk

VPN?

Good evening, 

I´m an new BB User - justed switched from the iPhone. But at the moment, I´m not sure, if it was a good desicion. There are some apps I still miss (native Skype, owncloud Support) - and that´s the worst case:

The lack of VPNs which are supported. I konw, that pptp is ab bit ... outdated. But it´s still in use. And what about OpenVPN - the best VPN created? I´m sorry, but for a company which say´s that mobile connection is there main goal, I can´t understand that only IpSec VPNs are supported. 

Hope you change this. All in all, the Z10 is really cool, but you shoud listen to your customers. 

Greetings from Germany, 

CL

BTW: What about an update for the playbook?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: VPN?

hello ch1758,

here is the official list of VPN supported by Blackberry phones & tablets:

KB13215 Virtual private network (VPN)

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks for your answer. All in all that´s nothing. - Just IpSec. Really bad for a Unix-Based OS.
New Contributor

I thought about the BB given "VPN Solution". It´s really nothing they offer - especially for business Users. The IpSec Solutions they offer, are product based IpSec VPNs for a special kind of Cisco and Juniper VPNs. 

OpenVPN, SSL Based VPNs and PPTP are not avaiable. Terrible. I know, that PPTP isn´t a secure VPN, but it´s often used. And even Apple managed it, to get OpenVPN to iOS. The longer I think about it, I get the impression, that it wasn´t a good descission to switch to BB. Lack of support for standard applications, no OS 10 for the playbook. The onliest thing, which is really impressing is the usability / gestures. 

Greeting from someone who is really disappointed.