Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Q10 & PlayBook
My Carrier: Vodafone
Accepted Solution

Yahoo Calendar not syncing anymore

Hello,

There are several threads about this on CrackBerry, such as:

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-z10-f254/yahoo-calendar-adds-but-not-visible-893434/

or 

http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/yahoo-problem-896497/

or

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackberry-10-os-f269/serious-problems-yahoo-calendar-896639/

To cut a long story short:
Yahoo Calendar does not sync with BB10 devices anymore, specifically my and other's Q10. Yahoo Mail works fine, just like Yahoo Contacts. When the Yahoo Calendar is added in the accounts, it finishes. When then viewed in the BB10 Calendar app, entries do not show up. Instead in the list where all the calendars are listed, Yahoo Calendar has a little loading spinning wheel next to it, spinning forever (I let it load for about 10 hours).

Please understand that this is a very important issue for me, since I chose BlackBerry over android to be able to NOT use google services such as their calendar. So recommending to use google instead is not going to help me, I'm afraid. Smiley Sad

Does anybody know a solution?

Thanks!

-pac

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Re: Yahoo Calendar not syncing anymore

I can only say that I'm experiencing the same problem with all symptoms you just describe. Before last monday it all worked fine, I really can't imagine what has happened.

Bumping this because it's quite important.

-pac

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone Italy

Even after I've upgraded my Z10 to 10.2.1 the problem is still there. Is there anybody from support who could help?

Nothing new from my end. I have switched to posteo.de.
-pac
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

I am experiencing exactly the same thing.

I've tried deleting the Yahoo calendar account link and re-adding.  It didn't work. I've deleted the link and removed the battery then re-added my Yahoo calendar. That didn't work. Having backed up my Z10 in Blackberry link I reset everything to factory defaults then restored. That didn't work either. I called my provider and that was fruitless.

I don't know what else to do. Hopefully someone can find a solution....soon

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 STL100-3
My Carrier: Rogers

I received the following reply today Mar-06-2014 from a Yahoo staffer in "Yahoo Answers". It doesn't solve anything but at least someone is reading Yahoo posts

While syncing your Yahoo Calendar to your BlackBerry may have worked in the past, this operation is no longer supported. If you are no longer able to sync your Blackberry to your Yahoo Calendar, we apologize but we will not be able to assist you with this issue.

Yahoo and RIM BlackBerry are currently working on a resolution to sync your Yahoo Calendar to your BlackBerry; we do not currently have an estimated time on this resolution.

You can still access your Calendar from your mobile device using the Yahoo Mobile Calendar page. To access your calendar, use your mobile browser to visit http://m.yahoo.com/calendar

New Contributor
My Device: bb Z10
My Carrier: 02

hi there, me too!
God am I sick of the spinning wheel in the effing calendar!
Mine sync'd just fine up till about 2 weeks ago, then stopped.
I am on BT Yahoo calendar and tried removing reloading/ rebooting, reinstalling and eventually have even resorted calling BT who were completely unhelpful (.-surprise)

My BB z10 is running 10.2.1.2102 and as far as I was aware updated quite happily a month or so ago with no issues.

is this a BB z10 problem ? and what are they doing about it??

I don't want to shift to Google or MSft calendars due to the immense amount of other issues this will cause me not ot mention others?

Tobase

a

Any news on this?

-pac

So I tried it myself and this is what I found out:

synching works from the phone to the yahoo web calendar integrated in yahoo mail. It does NOT work the other way around, e.g. if I add a date to the web interface it will not show up on my BlackBerry Passport.

-pac