Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: torch 9860
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 BB10 wifi message issue

seems to be, that if I type a message while attached to wifi and then leave the wifi zone, it will not send the message until i return to that particular wifi zone. Also it will not ring through with any new meassages of any kind until I get back to that same spot.

Looks like my Z10 is not actively switching between the various wifi network or it's own Rogers connection. It's like it locks on to one wifi network and then will not release the phone to it's own connection.

Here is exactly what happened...

I was connected to wifi at work, drove to another location down the road. At that location I was not on wifi. I typed a quick BBM, but it sat with a red clock until I returned to the original WIFI zone(about 50 minutes). At which pont it instantly sent the BBM as well as rang through with various new emails and text messages.

Am I missing a setting or something? Because if this is a BB10 glitch, this is a big one.

Contributor

Re: Z10 BB10 wifi message issue

OK, further testing as this is driving me nuts.

I have 4 wifi network here, label 1through 4. I was just logged in at #4 and messages sent fine. I walked until #4 ran out at which point it flipped and connected to wifi#2. I compossed a BBM and sent it while on #2. It did not send, and sat with the red clock until I walked back to wifi#4, at which point it sent and I also received two emails.

So basically my phone is locking to one WIFI and not allowing incomming or outgoing messages via WIFI or radio. One more thing to add onto the list so far. Love this new phone, until I have to use it.

Contributor

I cannot possibly be the only person having this issue?

Highlighted
Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: STC

i also encounter almost the same case but mine is (i think) the switch between WIFI and my carrier data plan. since i got my phone last sunday i kept on switching on and off my Z10 if i'm going out of range from my WIFI since (i think) the phone does not switch from WIFI to 3G automatically. i hope an update will fix though. and i hope the update comes anytime soon. Smiley Happy
New Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

Since you were connected to a new wi-fi network, you need to register the phone again..

on the Z10 go to settings, about, change the category to Network and open the options (bottom right) and re-register.

Most of the times it should register automatically, but if it doesn't please follow the above steps.

I found in my case  ...  it rarely registers itself.  Register and you should be good to go.

Hope it works for you