Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: EE

Z10 Bluetooth losing connection

[ Edited ]

I had an early Z10 which paired and connected with my Parrot CK3000, after the first updated I was unable to keep connected for more than a few seconds for about 50% of the time, since the last update it is about 95%. I have just had the latest firmware applied to my Parrot and it is no better, it bleeps and says it is connected, the icon goes green, the back to grey. 

Has anyone any ideas.

Tried clearing memory from Parrot, reboot Z10, deleteing setup etc. Always pairs no problem

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 Bluetooth losing connection

Hey keith_hunter,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Have you tried pairing a different device to the BlackBerry Z10?  If not, I would suggest trying it to see if the same behavior is happening.  Also what version of BlackBerry 10 are you running?  Go to Settings>About to find this information.

I look forward to your reply.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

Hi,

Version is 10.0.10.90, this is the second update, I got the phone in the second week after release, it was OK with this version but battery life was poor.

Z10 pairs OK  & communicated with laptop (icon stays green)

When I connect to Parrot, it says connected (in popup), Parrot beeps, icon goes green and then it goes back to grey.

It has only managed to stay green once in the last few days.

I have tried all the permutations of the settings and even tried it holding the phone a few inches from the Parrot control box.

It worked perfectly with my last two old Blackberry's.

Keith

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

My bluetooth devices connect and seem to work fine but then glitches or skips when streaming music through Plantronics headsets or sometimes loses connection completely. Once I turn the device off and on it reconnects fine. I never had this problem with my Torches. I even went as far as making sure all running as or pages were shut down and still experience this annoyance. Any advice?
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: AT&T

*aps
Highlighted
New Contributor

My problems were solved with subsequent BlackBerry updates, check that you have the latest updates for both devices, good luck