Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: BELL MOBILITY

Z10 DELETE AND AUTO CORRECT PROB AS WELL AS LETTER A and L

Was having real probs with the delete ket wiping out everything I had written.  Read in hear somewhere to turn off the magnification settings.  Did it and it seemed to help quite nicely.

Before I turned off the magnification setting I was also having huge problems with the letter a and the letter l (thats L) key.  Whenever I toouched either the a or the l key a pop up of capitol as well as a bunch of other letters popped up disallowing me to select the letter I wanted which was simple a small a or a small l.  This issue was also cured it seems by turning off the magnification setting.

Only issue now is sometimes a word is inserted into the space bar that is NOT what I wanted.  Invariably, all I want is a space.  I have to touch back into the line thingy where the words are being put (not sure what that is referred to) and then the word inside the space bar spot dis-appears and I continue.  That is a pain in the butt.

Struggling through but I do hope the delelopers and software staff are reading these forums.  Typing software needs a few patches.  Get on it gang!  Gradually beginning to love the phone.

Freddy

Cheers
Fred Drewry
Highlighted
New Contributor

Re: Z10 DELETE AND AUTO CORRECT PROB AS WELL AS LETTER A and L

LOL  I really should proof my stuff before I hit send.  Sorry about the typos.

Cheers
Fred Drewry
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

To properly teach you keyboard what to type, you need to delete what it gets wrong immediately and teach it the right word by typing the word correctly and then flicking the correct word up, either from the spacebar or from a word flick. It is amazing to watch this device learn your typing patterns and words!

You can literally hammer away at the keyboard so fast that you can see what the spacebar is correcting and all of the gobbledygook comes out perfect!

Buy you must teach it.. you are it's master!!! Smiley Happy
-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy
New Contributor

Sometimes suggested word shows up in space bar (wrong word) and the correct word shows up in tiny letter above that.  I have found no way to flick up that tiny correct word nor get rid of the incorrect word without touching the input writing area again which clears out the space bar so I can then leave in what I have typed and then put a needed space in.  Pain in the butt!

Cheers
Fred Drewry
Forums Advisor III
My Carrier: Rogers

Simply touch the key below the correct word and flick up through the word above it. This entire sentence was typed that way. Smiley Happy

You do it while typing.. why do you have to re enter the input area?

-: DrewRead :-
Can't find an app on Blackberry World yet? Tweet the developer and ask when they will #GetWithBB10 !!
"Like it" if you like it. Smiley Happy