Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Torch
My Carrier: Bell

Z10 Video Camera

Having always been a Black Berry user, I am once again approaching a free upgrade, but I fear I have to jump ship. Why would the new Z10 only have 2 High Definition settings for video recording? It has put an end to mms and video clip sharing? I watched an instructional video on how to use the video recorder and after you record there is actually an icon/or button to share, of course you can't because the files are massive. I'm glad that it is a friend of mine that got one so I can see it before hand. You really had a chance to listen to people and what they want and yet still no skype and now no video clip recording either? Do the market researchers not understand social media or what people do with their phones? Video Chat that only works in the Black Berry club will soon get very lonely. After over 15 years I am very disappointed. With my torch I am able to video record and instantly send that 30 sec clip in an attachment. With the Z10 I can't do anything with these files until I get home to a computer to compress them, guess I don't need the phone if have to use a computer anyway I'll use a camera instead. Uploading the larger files to a cloud account costs people on their data plan, not sure what happened with this one?

Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

Re: Z10 Video Camera

currently with the Z10 you can:
- do video calls with a friend that has a PlayBook or a Z10
- do video calls with a friend that has a faceflow account (on PC/Apple/BlackBerry/Android)
- make a video and upload it to facebook or youtube (whatever the size)

Indeed, the Z10 has many great things, and the 9800 also still have great features not (yet) available on the Z10.

I believe that MMS is a tech of the past, and some people including you will continue needing to be able to send videos through MMS. I don't use MMS so I don't care, but I understand that publishing through email/facebook/youtube is not the exact replacement.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

DJMlynx wrote:

Uploading the larger files to a cloud account costs people on their data plan, not sure what happened with this one?

well, for previous phones (OS7 and prior), BlackBerry made a great job for data compression.

Using BIS, people were having the internet, but wish a small data usage.

Then the sales talked, and BlackBerry listened to their users, who said "we prefer to use iPhone and Android, despite not having a good data usage management".

The result is the Z10 that works without BIS, so yes, an email does not weight 3kB like before, a 500kB webpages weights 500kB and not 50kB like on OS7.

This is the evolution BlackBerry has chosen, and as always it won't suit everyone.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Bell

Soooo is changing to allow users to be able to send videos (of at least one minute) via text messaging and email going to be an option in the near future?