Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Telus

Re: Z10 Wi-Fi Connection

I am having the same problem and it is driving me crazy. I have tried manually entering the IP addresses as mentioned above, but it only stay connected for a few seconds and drops out again.

One thing I have tried is to turn off the network. As soon as I do this, the Wifi connection is restored, they symbol show up on the main screen and it registers the wifi ID. But when I turn on the network, the wife drops out!

Please help....this only started happening yesterday.

My Device: Z10
My Carrier: telus

I have the same problem. My wifi worked fine on my Z10 until yesterday... I checked my phone and said my wifi had limited connectivity... Thought it might have been a router firmwire upgrade problem so I checked... There was one, so I updated my firmwire but that did not solve the problem... still limited connectivity... all my other wireless devices work on wifi.

I haven't changed anything in my phone before that problem appeared...

any suggestions?

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Wind

My blackberry has been working fine on my local network since I bought it a couple months ago. Over the last few days I started getting random limited connectivity messages on the phone. I have quite a few other devices connected wirelessly without any issues.

Then today my phone just stopped connecting at all to my network. Mabey its an ip confliction. But either way, until I figure it out entering in a manual ip has fixed my problem for the time being. Thanks.
Contributor
My Device: playbook
My Carrier: movistar

I'm having a similar problem at a hotel I'm staying, the computer connects to the network the gets a log in page on the browser. But the Z10 just says "connection limited" and never goes to the login screen, even if I type the URL of the login screen manually in the browser.

Is the Z10 OS hardcoded to assume the 169.* subnet is only for the USB connection, and doesn't work if a DHCP router assigns it an IP on that range? That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard (and also violates the RFC for local networks).