Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: 447900898567

Z10 & Exchange

Hi

As Windows phone 7 & 8 dont support syncing Outlook notes over exchange server i am looking for to change to a different system.

I had a look at the Z10; It does look really nice but no one was able to tell me aboult is sync capability with MS exchange server including Email, Tasks, Notes, Calendar & Contacts.

Does Z10 suport fileformats like PDF, XLS and DOC?

Any chance to get this information here?

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAF518), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 & Exchange

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

The Z10 comes with the Documents To Go Premium app, which includes the ability to render PDF, XLS, and DOC.

If you have BES-10 (not prior!), then the Z10 can integrate with BES and include (I am 99% sure) "notes" synchronization. Without BES, you are limited to the capabilities of ActiveSync, which includes Contact and Calendar (and sometimes Tasks)...but that is of course against the server, not the Outlook client, and depends on working against a compatible server environment.

While I don't want to tell you or your IT folks how you should be installing things, one part of your wording concerns me...there never should be a direct OTA sync against your MS Exchange Server...that specific server really should be protected within your internal environment. Rather, you should face to the internet gateways (e.g., POP, IMAP, OWA, BES) that will allow raw internet access to your email environment. Hopefully I've simply misunderstood your words, but it raised a concern to me

Good luck!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................