Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

Z10 and Active Sync Problems

Since the update to 2.0 on the playbook the 4 people who took this update can no longer connect to active sync.

I have received a new Z10 phone and I am having the exact same issue. All iPADs iPhones and Androids are connecting without a problem. I continually get the error "The settings for your account are incorrect. Change your settings and try again.

I have verified active sync is allowed on my account. All the information is correct ie port/username/password etc.

What could have possibly changed that is only affecting Blackberry playbooks and now the Z10 phones?

Thank you in advance.

DA

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: Z10 and Active Sync Problems

Hey brae19,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

What version of Exchange are you running with the ActiveSync?  Also is a certificate required to connect to ActiveSync?

We are going to require logs as we are investigating this issue from the PlayBook side: www.blackberry.com/btsc/KB33288 which could be the same reason it is not integrating on the BlackBerry Z10.

Let contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry so we can find the root cause.

Thank you.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Rogers

I was working a Preventive maintenance last night and was in the process of rebooting one of our Exchange CAS servers. During the reboot I attempted the connection of the Z10 and it worked! (I did import our root certificate prior to this). This morning I brought in my playbook and I am still unable to connect. I believe the problem is with this particular CAS server configuration. I am in the process of pouring over the logs now.

Thank you for your quick response!

DA

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: vodafone - india

Hi,

I am facing similar issues of  not being able to configure my work email through activesync on my Z10. Aparently Vodafone in India is not ready for Z10, I have been struggling for the last 3 days to configure the active sync. Also, vodafone says i have to subscribe to BES but I don't think they have the right info. 

My office email is configured on Rackspace 

would be great if you could help out here. 

Thanks a million!

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Fido

Everything is working fine except my twitter account. I delete everyting then 5 minutes later all the same messages come back, Any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

New Contributor

Hi nicothegreek
How did you get your activesync to work?
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Batelco

Model                                 : Blackberry Z10

Model Number                 : STL 100-1

Software Release            : 10.0.10.82

We have purchased the above device 3 weeks ago for one of our employees, and since then we were trying to setup work email using Microsoft Exchange 2007 Active sync but without any success.

When we perform the setup, it succeeds and the user could send emails, but none of the inbox, calendar, contacts items would sync. Furthermore, this would only last for about 3-5 minutes, then we receive this notification:

“Your account is no longer synchronized with your device. Check that your account settings are correct. If they are correct, contact your email service provider.”

Then the account reads “Not connected – Account Invalid”

Please help. Thank you.

Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Hey retajuser,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

Are there any other users setup with ActiveSync?  If so, are they experiencing the same issue?

To find the root cause of the disconnection of ActiveSync we will need to gather some logs from ActiveSync and the BlackBerry Z10.  Please contact your network service provider and ask to be transferred to BlackBerry.

This will help us out a lot.

Thanks.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

New Contributor

I did try to speak to my carrier...i've been struggling with Vodafone for 1 week now and have just given up....they don't seem to know the problem...

according to them the device is too new and they don't have enough training

My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Batelco

Yes Samsung and iPhone working fine.

Our service provider do not transfer to blackberry. Can you get the log through another channel?

Thank you