Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: TIM
Accepted Solution

Z10 does not sync contacts and calendar - Google Apps and Gmail

Dear Sirs,

I'm trying to back to use blackberry as my default mobile platform and so I've choosed Z10.

The point is that I am facing problems to sync my contacts and calendar with my accounts in Google Apps and in Gmail. I've already tried to add accounts in several ways (default, Gmail, Microsoft Exchange Active Sync), but with no sucess. Just email is syncing, with the default Gmail setting.

System updated to 10.2.1

I am a lover of blackberry and trying to leave Android platform. Please could somebody can help me?

Thanks and best regards!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)
My Carrier: TMobile USA

Re: Z10 does not sync contacts and calendar - Google Apps and Gmail

Hi and Welcome to the Community!

As a Google Apps subscriber, you have access to Google's EAS servers, but you must not use any of the Wizards on the device interface. Rather, select "Email, Calendar, and Contacts" but then enter nothing in the Email Address field...instead, select the button just above the keyboard (for advanced settings). Enter all of the necessary information on that screen to interface your device to Google's EAS servers for your account.

I realize perhaps you have already tried this, but from your post I cannot tell for sure exactly how the process proceeded. You must accept the request to sync everything with your device, and then also ensure that you have activated all synchronizations (email, calendar, contacts) that you desire.

Otherwise, please tell us exactly the steps you take and exactly the results of each step. The end result of "just email" doesn't quite give us enough to guess from...the steps you take to do the configuration are what will be most important for this.

Good luck and let us know!

Occam's Razor nearly always applies when troubleshooting technology issues!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

Dear Sir! Thanks for the attention!

To give you a better view, I will list what I've already tried with my two accounts (Gmail and Google Apps)

1) Email, Calendar, and Contacts >> Advanced Settings >> Gmail | Result: just email working (for both accounts). Nothing happing with Calendar and Contacts. 

2) Email, Calendar, and Contacts >> Advanced Settings >> Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync | Result: Nothing work, neither email (for both accounts).

Note that I activated all possible synchronizations in the web servers.

Thank you in advance! Help me to continue with my blackberry!

Hall of Famer III
My Device: PRIV (6.0.1/AAG111), Z10/Z30/Q10 (10.3.2.2813), Playbook (2.1.0.1526)

Your result from step 1 is exactly as expected...the wizard integrates GMail via IMAP, which serves email only. To add calendar or contacts to an IMAP configuration, you must separately configure for CalDav and/or CardDav.

Your result, however, from step 2 is not expected...that is indeed the exact method to integrate a proper Google Apps account with a BB10 device, as long as you continued that process and filled in all of the required fields (server name, ports, account info, etc.). Note carefully please that unless you are a Google Apps paid subscriber, this method will not work for you unless you previously configured it on the exact device you are presently trying to configure it on. Google ceased EAS support for free consumer accounts some time ago, and only allows such for free accounts on devices that were previously configured prior to when they ceased such support. For any new device, only true paid Google Apps subscribers can use EAS with Google...all others are restricted (by Google) to IMAP/CardDav/CalDav.

Good luck!

New to the Community? Click here and also here for helpful guidance. Also please click here for additional helpful information to guide you as you proceed. I always recommend that you treat your BlackBerry like any other computing device, including using a regular backup schedule...click here for an article with instructions. If anyone has been helpful to you, please show your appreciation by clicking the button. Need a reference to BB10 OS/SR versions? Click here. Need a specific BB10 AutoLoader? Send me a private message.

...................................................... ......................................................
New Contributor

It's done. IMAP+CalDV+CardDav

Thanks for the support!

Hall of Famer III

You are welcome. Enjoy!

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Canada

Here is more detail on how to sync the calendar...

• BlackBerry PlayBook OS
  • BlackBerry 10 OS
  • CalDAV
CollapseOverview

Google allows a Google Calendar account to synchronize via the CalDAV service. To add a Google Calendar account using CalDAV perform the following steps:

1. On the home screen, swipe down from the top bezel and select Settings.
  2. Select Accounts > Add New Account > Email, Calendar and Contacts > Advanced Setup > CalDAV.
  3. On the CalDAV screen, the Description field is optional, but can be filled in for clarity.
  4. Enter the full email address in the Username and Email Address fields.
  5. Enter the password used to access Google Calendar in the Password field. Use the Show Password checkbox to ensure it is correct.
  6. In the Server Address field, enter https://www.google.com/calendar/dav/youremail@address.com/events  where  youremail@address.com is the Google email address.
  7. Sync Interval can be changed with these values : 15 Minutes , 30 Minutes , 1 Hour , 2 Hours , 4 Hours , 24 Hours , or Manual . The default is 30 Minutes.
  8. Click Save.

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=D713BBC8CC341A9A35F4FFEEDDEB1835?...

New Contributor
My Carrier: Bell Canada

When I added the cardDAV I used only google.com as the server address and that worked. you may also be able to use this simpler address for the CalDV as well.
My Device: z10
My Carrier: 447870165689

Hello your advice was helpful in setting up imap and card but not the caldav..I keep getting an error message "there is no RPC service named Account: 1410958859"... can you help?