Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: Z10

Z10 email accounts setup and SMS

Hi, I love BB 7 I just got my Z10 but there is 1. no email preference where you can setup delivery confirm and read confirm and one know how to set it up on the Z10? 2. SMS you can not send a fresh SMS to someone not in your contact list when you insert a new number in the number box the text input box disappears no idea how to get the text box open anyone knows? If this cant be done BB should consider it in the next update I use BB 7 for email mostly for the delivery report Regards
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: Bell

Re: Z10 email accounts setup and SMS

When your typing a random number you will see a the same number appear below the box sort of in a blue colour after you have typed the number you must select it by pressing the pop up below in the blue coloured box.

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply
What about the email question?
Can you advise on that?
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

currently for emails, it is not possible on the Z10 to configure read confirmation, or delivery confirmation, or asking for such a confirmation.

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too:
New Contributor

Thanks for your reply
Do you think it will come in the next update because I think it is very important for business users

I also noteced that if you send an email to Z10 with a read report request the Z10 will automatically send it, unlike the BB7 where you have the option to set it not to send it automatically
New Contributor

What I mean in the above post is that the Z10 will send the sender of an email with a read receipt request that the email was red automaticity with out having the option to allow or disable from the Z10