Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Mobinil

Z10 not working after software reload because of 0015 error

I got BB10-0015 error yesterday so I connected to Link and chose to "Reload Device Software" which prompted me to upgrade to OS 10.1 and I accepted although I was originally using OS 10.2 and then it said that the update was successful although the mobile currently displays a black screen showing a logo which has something like a mobile being connected to computer, and Link displays "Cannot Communicate with Device" error message. I went through the same process many times using link and using http://www.blackberry.com/update (and went through all the steps of removing the battery and returning it again, and the led light went from green to red) and I still get the same error screen at the end. Does this mean that my phone isn't usable anymore? What should I do?

Forums Veteran I
My Device: BB

Re: Z10 not working after software reload because of 0015 error

You must try again but before you do read all of this:  

http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do;jsessionid=62E83B24FB12335F81ED63F0D2581EC3?...

ps.common.BaseViewedDocsListHelperImpl

You must have the latest version of BB Link.  Please tell me what version you have and if you do not have the latest version there are very important steps to do before you install the latest version or you will fail again. You can download it from the link below but do not install it before posting back.

https://swdownloads.blackberry.com/Downloads/contactFormPreload.do?code=A8BAA56554F96369AB93E4F3BB06...

Reload info:   http://btsc.webapps.blackberry.com/btsc/viewdocument.do?externalId=KB34045&sliceId=2&cmd=displayKC&d...

Post back !

New Contributor

Thanks for your reply. Yes, I'm using version 1.2.2.13

(However, yesterday in my first attempt to reload the software, I didn't have the latest version of Link, but then I updated it today and tried again several times)

Forums Veteran I

You must uninstall BB Link again, then do a search for......blackberry........and delete all blackberry files found.

Then reinstall Link again and reload the software, you have the latest version.

If you have Windows and need to know about Search tell me which OS Version.

New Contributor

Is it better to install Link on another computer and reload the software from it?

Forums Veteran I

Yes, if Link has never been installed on that computer then you do not have to do a search.

Forums Veteran I

The reason for the search and removal of files found is because Uninstall never removes all files.

Removal of all files is recommended for uninstall and reinstall and also for Upgrading a software program where issues exist because of non removal of all files.

I hope you read the page I asked you to because the last line said:.......

If the Blackberry 10 OS does not reload or displays the same symptoms, then it is recommended to bring the smartphone back to place of purchase for service.

Good Luck and post back success or failure.

New Contributor

I installed Link on another computer and went through the reloading process again and still got the same result. Then, I uninstalled Link (and searched for BlackBerry and deleted the folder I found) and tried "Update on the web" from BlackBerry website and still got the same result Smiley Sad

Unfortunately, I bought my phone when I was travelling almost 8 months ago so I won’t be able to take it back to the place of purchase!

Do you have any other suggestions? I read in the Support Forums about something called "autoloader", shall I try using it? My Z10 model is STL 100-1

Forums Veteran I

Well it is still under warranty, but I do not know if you have to take it to the place of purchase for service.

Your phone has a critical OS problem and I am not sure Autoloader will help but you can try.

Please read all this page then decide if you will try.

https://developer.blackberry.com/blackberry10devalpha/devalpha_update.html