Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Visitor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: Vodafone

Re: blackberry z10 rebooting itself

Hello,

I was an iPhone user and switched back to BB Z10 as I very much fell in love with the OS and the design of BB Z10. I have been experiencing the same issue of random restarts in my BB Z10. I fixed it, but I do not know if it would work for you. I used to carry the phone in my pocket and it used to reboot all too often. I am not very happy with the support provided by Blackberry in India so I tried to do a bit of learning my style of usage and found that it used to reboot whenever I put it in my pocket or whenever the phone is subject to some pressure. I tried pushing against the display unit while standby and also when it was active and found that it was not at fault. Then when I tried to push against the soft back cover there were places where it started to give minute noises as if the cover was not very much in place. I removed the cover and tried pushing against the battery and found that the clearance provided for the battery is more and hence the battery tends to move whenever that portion is subjected to pressure. And wheneer the battery moved the electrical contacts were disturbed and thats when mine rebooted all by ltself. I folded a paper into 3 or 4 and shaped it to fit in the provision provided for the battery  and then put the battery in and checked for any movement. It didnt move and that fixed the issue.

Thanks

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: tim

Can you send some pics? I've done the paper thing but its still not 100%, sometimes it boots itself without even touching it.

Thanks
Solutions: 6,331
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

pictures of what?

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

of how the papers are "supporting" the battery.

They don't support it, just simply lie on top of it.

• insert the battery
  • place a folded piece of paper on top (or a business card)
  • replace battery cover.
>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Oh, i see, i had the paper put on the spaces between battery and Phone. Going to do that.

Thanks

On top of the battery.

Not underneath.

Knowledge Base Updates
Highlighted
New Contributor

No, i had them on sides, now on top to. Smiley Happy
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Safaricom Kenya

My Z10 is almost a month old and for two days now, it has been rebooting its self multiple times during the day. I find this very annoying. Is there any solution \ to this?

See here:
http://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-Q10/BlackBerry-z10/m-p/2915572

Try this, a folded piece of paper on top of the battery and replace the battery cover.
Or, small cut folded piece of paper wedged in on the top edge of the battery to hold it tighter against the bottom contacts.

Knowledge Base Updates