Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: Orange

Re: blackberry z10 rebooting itself

We bought 8, z10 devices for our company and some of them have the same issue.

We are going to return the devices with this problem.

Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Same problem here. Multiple reboots every day. C'mon RIM! Is this an app issue or a device problem? Let's treat your loyal customers with some respect.  

New Contributor
My Carrier: AT&T

I've had this problem on my Z10 for months. And I have tried updates and all sorts of other recommendations from various forums. But it usually rebooted daily but while idle. But Last week it did it twice while I was using it. Yesterday it rebooted three times inside of a couple of hours. So I took it to the AT&T device service center and after their diagnosis, they were very confident that it is all due to a bad battery. (This is plausible given the fact that bad batteries have recently been known to ground airplanes; why not my cell phone.)

Anyway, AT&T is sending me a new Z10 battery I hope to report back with positive news by the end of the week. If it can last more than 48hrs without a reboot, I will let you all know. Let's keep our fingers crossed.
New Contributor
My Carrier: H3G Italia

In sleeping mode and when going on internet the device anomaly reboot.
The problem it's my z10 or it's the software?
Contributor
My Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Mine does it all the time while charging over night in sleep mode. Hard to figure that an app would be causing this.
New Contributor
My Carrier: H3G Italia

In fact, i would understand if I have to send it in for Service or wait for updates
New Contributor

UPDATE (From May 5): I received and installed the new battery and charged it overnight. Unfortunately, it did not make it past the 25 hour point before freezing in my hands and rebooting.

Next up, a call to AT&T, Hopefully I'll get forwarded to BlackBerry.

PS: I have experienced the reboot several times while using a particular app. It is my most used app, so this is not unexpected. But as an experiment I have uninstalled the app and I will attempt to live without it for a few days just to see if this extends time between reboots

PPS: the reboots would not be such a PITA if Bb10 supported 'Headless" and auto started event driven apps... (like start on powerup)

Developer
My Carrier: T-Mobile

john835, please keep us up to date.

I suspect WhatsApp to be the problem, I cannot proof it but I just have the feeling that it kills the Z10 some times when receiving a message.
New Contributor

Bullety, sorry but, I don't use WhatsApp. My "addiction" is reddit.com so I spend a lot of time using a viewer app. (I will bring it up with the dev if and when I can show some stronger correlation data). Random reboot happens even when this app is closed. The only apps I leave in active frames are calendar, reminder and battery guru. Battery Guru has only been used for past few weeks to help track battery usage 'signal '. This reboot **bleep** has been going on for months. I am yet to try going without any active frame apps for an extended time... that may be next. it's a real goose chase! I hope BlackBerry gets to the bottom of it asap.

Developer
My Carrier: T-Mobile

Ok, I do not use reddit.com - I suspect WhatsApp because it's integrated in the Hub and therefore kind of always on for receiving push messages.
But as I said, I cannot proof it.