Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: ETISALAT UAE

Re: camera won't start on z10

After 1 week ETISALAT stated they are still waiting SPARE PARTS from Blackberrry !!!! You think they will replace the Camera Her in Dubai.
BB Sorry. I am selling all my share of BBRY . I think u have serious Quality Control Issue, The Mobile was 3 days Old and I was expectng they replace it immeditely. As AXIOM Normaly Do ??.
I am Soooo Unhappy with the warranty service from ETISALAT
New Contributor
My Carrier: Indoaat

i keep on getting "the camera can't be started" message on a z10 which is less then 6 hours old, this is my 2nd z10. My previous z10 was failed to complete setup, the bbm application couldn't connect to my blackberry ID, any help much appreciated!! thanks
Highlighted
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

Remove the media card, reboot, and try again. If that doesn't work then, I hate to say it but, exchange it as the camera module is probably defective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Carrier: Indoaat

done several time, no improvent .... will do the exchange and send share some updates on camera issue.

found out that the bbm problem that can not connected to bb id caused by the sofware. Indicated that bb id can not connected in bbm when trying to activate a handset with the latest OS and no problem on handset with original preloaded OS

Thanks for your feed back
New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: none

[ Edited ]

when i update my phone,it got battery synchronising problem,i swiped it,reload the previous version,problem solved,after few days gyro stoped working,again had to wipe it,after few days text messages were not receiving,again had to wipe it,after two days speaker not working,wipe it,after two more days camera wont working,wipe it again,camera opened,sometime later same error again with camera,still not working...

Edited content to comply withCommunity GuidelinesandTerms and Conditions of Use.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: etisalat

I'm having the same issues too. I keep getting the camera won't start message. I got mine from Jumia.com. I intend to return it today. Hope they'll take it ba K as I've lost the receipt. It's four days old. Received it over the week. It's so frustrating.
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry z10
My Carrier: etisalat

OMG! Reading everyone's comments scares the hell out of me. I hope when I return it and get a new one, another issue doesn't crop up.
Guru II
My Device: BlackBerry PRIV; BlackBerry Z30, Z10 and Q10 w/OS 10.3.2.2639; PlayBook w/OS 2.1.0.1917
My Carrier: AT&T

On a forum you on read about the small percentage of devices that have a problem. You never read about the vast majority that have no problem. I have two z10 devices in my household, another three with coworkers, and many friends who have the Z10 and have never had an issue.

You can read this stuff on forums about any device.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
1. Please thank those who help you by clicking the "Like" button at the bottom of the post that helped you.
2. If your issue has been solved, please resolve it by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: MTN-Ghana

Okay, i am also having the same issue. and trust me i hate the fact that it happened. On the other hand my memory card slot also went off about 4 months back.

Is it that the device has issues? Or there is a particular production version that is problem free.

I like the device, but no camera and no expandable memory slot if a really annoying device to look at using.

New Contributor
My Device: Blackberry Z10
My Carrier: MTN-Ghana

Okay something funny just happened. I gave the device a smack around the frint camera area with my palm and the camera just came on. Okay funny as it it, this may just be my device behaving after about 3 weeks of the cemra not working. Please, effect could differ from everyones situation.

y device hardly falls, i can count only 2 times it has. but if your device has an average of falling once a day please note that your camera not working could be that you have actually damaged the device yourself.