Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified
Accepted Solution

keyboard switch between different languages

Does anyone know if the BB10 keyboard will feature an easy switch between different languages that will preserve the anticipation of words used frequently/etc?

Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

Re: keyboard switch between different languages

nouaspe wrote:

Does anyone know if the BB10 keyboard will feature an easy switch between different languages that will preserve the anticipation of words used frequently/etc?

It does and all you have to do is just start typing into the language and the text prediction will be in the new language, and some times it might even suggest word in both language that might fit the sentence you are writing

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
New Contributor
My Device: Not Specified

That's great - thanks a lot. Is that a basic feature? Is there a list of languages (if one is looking for one with less circulation)?

Highlighted
Forums Advisor III
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 + Z30 + Playbook 64
My Carrier: Rogers

nouaspe wrote:

That's great - thanks a lot. Is that a basic feature? Is there a list of languages (if one is looking for one with less circulation)?

in the Language input there is a list of language to activate, and then it will work right away

---------------------------------------------
Using the Playbook and the Z10 and the Z30 and loving them

Martin
Guru I
My Device: Passport, Playbook, 9320BES
My Carrier: Bouygues _ SFR

nouaspe wrote:

yes, it is a basic feature. I frequently switch from French to English and no problem, it is almost magical.

Languages I have on my Z10 (sorry if I make typos, I have not found a page with the list correctly written)

Arabic (I don't know which, but it is from right to left)

Catalan

Cestina

Dransk

Deutch

Greek

English UK

English

Espanol

Euskara

Suomi

Français

Galego

Hebrew

Hrvatski

Magyar

Bahasa Infonesia

Italiano

Norsk

Nederlands

Portugues (Brasil)

Portugues (Europeu)

Polski

Romana

Russian

Svenska

Thai

Tiêng Viêt

Türkçe

Chinese (simplified)

Chinese (traditional)

as you can see:

• Japanese is lacking, because BlackBerry has decided to not sell the Z10 in Japan (they currently have a 0.3 marketshare, the market is mainly dominated by local brand like Sony or Anycall)
  • This time, RIM did things right and Arabic & Chinese are available from day 1

The search box on top-right of this page is your true friend, and the public Knowledge Base too: