Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-1)
My Carrier: MTC

Re: sms/whatsapp problem blackberry z10

I hope this might help you guys:

After getting my phone back from "repairs" for the third time, and after restoring a partial restore (only contacts, apps and settings) and it giving me the same problems AGAIN, I was ready to go strangle them with the phone. 

My phone had only started giving problems from the second half of June and I was told it was a software issue. But even after a complete system whipe (not just factory restore, this is a whipe the technicians do) and a downgrade on the software (3 times), and restoring a partial backup from when my phone was only a week old (mid May), my phone was giving the same problem. However, I noticed (maybe more of a hunch) that the problems started after the partial restore. 

So out of desperation, I deleted all my apps and rebooted. And I haven't had a single problem since. Everything works fine. 

It's a mistery to me (and the tech people), because the apps that I restored are from a month BEFORE any problems started... In the meanwhile I've reinstalled Whatsapp and most of the apps I use frequently, and so far so good. 

I'm keeping my phone on the downgraded software though, just in case. 

Hope it helps!

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MTN

M also havn da same problem...m nt receiving any text,fb or whatsapp messages from BlackBerry hub...tried all sorts of things...nothing worked...
New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: DTAC

I have the exact same issue and the thing is that with the 5-finger swipe trick in the hub, it will get back to its normal state but 10 minutes later, I try testing it by sending SMS or whatsap messages to myself and the phone fails to function as usual. Basically same thing as OP says. I won't be able to know if I am missing out on text or other notifications. I can't always be swiping it since I do not know if I have missed out on messages.

This is really a very grave situation where no one has answers to. Can't someone from BB reply to this problem? It is causing a lot of problems for my daily activities and really, what hurts the most is I have been loyal to Blackberry all these while and then to end up with a problematic software. I did the 10.1.0.2312 update (a notification asks me to do it) just like some of the other guys were saying in this thread and there starts my problems!

Help...please.

My Device: Q10
My Carrier: MTN

This is what they say to us. But they are not fixing our problem.

"Thank you for becoming a BlackBerry Support Community Forums member! We hope you will visit often."
New Contributor
My Device: BBZ10
My Carrier: DTAC

Just want to update...

So I tried the FB notification method - switching it off and then basically testing it again. Switching it on again. Right now everything works properly except FB. And now my Fb has 2 duplicates under the HUB. Not sure how that happens but it went to create a clone of itself under the hub and now is not delivering notifications at all even after I switched it on again.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: alfa

The problem seems to fix itself. Must be a line of code mess up.
Contributor
My Device: Z30 & PB 64 GB
My Carrier: T-Mobile (Telekom Deutschland)

Well, mine wasn't fixed after a week or so, so I went ahead & deleted all Facebook & Twitter accounts from my Z10 which has restored SMS & WhatsApp notifications, but - of course - leaves me without Facebook notifications. If you head over to the other thread about this issue, you will find others for whom the problem went away after diasbling notifications for their Facebook & Twitter accounts. However, for me this unfortunately didn't work.

Last time I added my Facebook account with notifications off, it would immediately cause WhatsApp notifications to stop. The weird thing is that it took not just one, but two reboots after completely removing the Facebook account for WhatsApp notifications to start appearing in the Hub again. Strange issue, huh?

Bye, K&K,

T-Zee

Highlighted
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: three network

had my blackberrry z10 for 2 months now everything was working fine till i woke up on saturday morning to no notififcations. my mam rang she been tecting me and i not recieved them. i rang my carrier up and there nothing they can do. so the only way i can recieve my texts is to switch facebook notifications off. should not have to do this as the blackberry was built around your needs. so im hoping blackberry are working on a fix cos im so annoyed 

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: student

Re: SMS/whatsapp problem blackberry z10

You try  wipe your bb...I also had a same problem before this but now no more already...