Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Z10
My Carrier: vodafone

Re: sms/whatsapp problem blackberry z10

I am also suffering the same problem... almost tried everything... Reinstalled whatsapp..Went back to Factory settings twice...Nothing helped till now... Have to restart the phone jus to check if I have any new Text.. Irritating it is...  Pls Help!!

New Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: rogers

I'm having the same issue as well as other people receiving either my texts or other user texts and I only receive texts for a very specific few people.

Many weird **bleep** is.foing on with this and with bbm. The problem I think could be related to a combination of a poorly built software with the bull**bleep** settings we have to.agree to when accepting to use 3rd party software. Almost every app wants me to agree to accessing every bit of information related to my device. I don't understand how for example a photo editing software needs to access all. My contacts, location, identifying information etc...
New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: alfa

Receiving texts from specific people is an issue related to people who switched from iPhone to blackberry. I am thinking if we increase this thread, maybe the people from BlackBerry will notice it. Let's gather everyone who has this issue and let's discuss it here
New Contributor
My Carrier: rogers

I truly believe this is a huge security and privacy issue and believe much data and personal information has be compromised. There is no other explanation.
Contributor
My Carrier: Swisscom

[ Edited ]

okay but what has our "push-problem" to do with the privacy settings? the iphone theory can't be true 'cause I never had one and I'm facing the same issues as you guys.

I cant believe that they havent responded to this yet. Im sure they know the problem but can't fix it.

New Contributor
My Device: blackberry z10
My Carrier: alfa

The issue with the iPhone is related to the Apple id. It needs to be deactivated. It's not a push problem from what I was reading. It's a radio problem. Could be a carrier issue. I am with alfa telecom in beirut. What about you?
New Contributor
My Device: BlackBerry Z10 (STL100-1)
My Carrier: MTC

Still haven't heard anything back from my carrier - they obviously haven't found the problem yet either. 

I've also never had an iphone. Have been with Blackberry now for the last few years - first time I'm starting to regret it. If I knew about these problems before, I'd rather have gotten another phone. 

Contributor
My Carrier: Swisscom

me too! I would have bought the new HTC! I'm with Swisscom in Switzerland. guys my phone suddenly works normal since yesterday afternoon. I relly dont get this. Maybe because of the newest software update?

New Contributor
My Carrier: etisalat

Reinstalling Whatsapp will fix the issue

New Contributor
My Carrier: vodafone

Nope.. Renistalling Whatsapp hasn't helped... Now even facing issue on calls connectivity... Lot of call drops started since yesterday..