Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: Q10
My Carrier: Etisalat Nigeria

software update

I have a white blackberry q10 with a 10.2.0.149 operating system. Since RIMS rolled out the upgrade, I have been checking for updates and it keeps showing I have the latest software installed. 13hours ago, I got an update notification which I downloaded over wifi but it has refused to install. It gets to the end and shows error. Up until now, its been showin I have the latest update at 10.2.0.149 when RIMS says the availble upgrade now is 10.2.1
Please how do I go about the installation?
Solutions: 6,349
My Device: Passport • Z30 • Z10 • Torch9850 • Playbook
My Carrier: Verizon

Re: software update

Restart: Press and hold the upper edge power button a about 10 seconds until the device reboots.

Now, check your Settings > Software Updates again.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
3. Install free BlackBerry Protect today for backups of contacts and data.
4. Guide to Unlocking your BlackBerry & Unlock Codes
Join our BBM Channels (Beta)
BlackBerry Support Forums Channel
PIN: C0001B7B4   Display/Scan Bar Code
Knowledge Base Updates
PIN: C0005A9AA   Display/Scan Bar Code
New Contributor

I've tried this over and over and stil gettin the same response; you have the latest update. I just dont undastand

It sounds like Etisalat has not yet released the upgrade.

You can upgrade manually with an autoloader file, if you want to do this, let us know and I will post directions.

>> NEW! 10% discount on BlackBerry devices from ShopBlackBerry.com, including PRIV

1. If any post helps you please click the Like Button below the post(s) that helped you.
2. Please resolve your thread by marking the post "Solution?" which solved it for you!
Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I want to try with an autoloader. Any help I can get is most welcom. I switched to mtn, no upgrade stil. I mailed customer care & was told their job is to giv a passage to blackberry. They hav no business with releasin upgrade/update. Thats just the challenge now
Super Contributor
My Device: BB Z10

You can find the Auto loader files from the below link from J Sanders ..  

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/BlackBerry-10-OS-Device-Software/Upgrading-OS10-devices-usin...

Thanks Smiley Happy 

Please update the result after applied..

Thanks

bijay14, sorry, that's incorrect. Your mobile provider is the agent who releases the upgrade. BlackBerry has given then the authority to release.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

Ok! Tnx! I tot d upgrade is 10.2.1. Os. The u sent me is 10.2.0.1. I run os of 10.2.0.149

bijay14, correct, that link doesn't have 10.2.1, but has the same instructions you'll need to use.

Download the correct autoloader for your device from the first post in the thread linked below. You need to know your full model number (i.e. STL100-1 (or -2, -3, -4) which can be found in Settings >About. Make sure you download the one for your model that contains the radio file. There is another crackberry thread that contains a newer radio file that you can load once you're all done if you want to have the latest and greatest. The process for loading a radio file is the same as this process but no need for backup/restore.

10.2.1.1925 OS: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/lengend-presents-10-2-1-1925-all-q-z-887047/

10.2.1.1926 Radio: http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-leaked-beta-os-f395/1926-radio-q10-5-z10-1-2-3-4-z30-891107/?highl... (load this the same way after the OS above has been loaded.)

Then follow the instructions in the other link.

Knowledge Base Updates
New Contributor

I tried the upgrade with the link & my q10 wont open. I had 2 tak it to a technician who degraded the os; so, i'm stil stuck with the 10.2.0.149 os. Could it be that the phone is substandard? Going by theses news about imei digits circulation on how to check if one's blackberry is from finland & & all.