Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

z10 contacts phone number format?

I am a tad confused. Is there a generally accepted (proven) format for entering (UK-based, for example) phone numbers into Z10 contacts? My understanding is there is a "calling" 0 555 numeric format and "texting" +44 555 numeric format  in the UK and I am having trouble choosing which format to commit to my contacts.

Essentially...

1. IF I enter a mobile number for contact "A" this way (the "calling" way): 05554441234

a. When contact A calls: I am notified that contact A is calling (indicating (to me) that the number has been found / interpreted properly in contacts?)

b. When contact A texts (however): I am notified that I have received a text from (not contact A, but) +445554441234 (indicating (to me) that the number has not been found / interpreted properly in contacts?)

...on the other hand:

2. IF I enter a mobile number for contact "B" this way (the "texting" way): +445553335678

a. When contact B calls: I am notified that I am receiving a call from (not contact B, but) 05553335678 (again, the number is NOT found / interpreted properly in contacts?)

b. When contact B texts (however): I am notified that contact B has sent me a text (indicating the number has been found / interpreted properly in contacts?)

Hmm.

Thanks for any enlightenment!

Highlighted
Retired
My Device: Q10/Q5/Z10/9930/9860/9310

Re: z10 contacts phone number format?

Hey maclenin,

Welcome to the BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

Thanks for the question.

We are aware of an issue regarding the caller id is not matching up with the contacts saved on your BlackBerry Z10.  This is caused by the country code only.  We are working on this issue and no estimated time when it will be resolved.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

Cheers.

-ViciousFerret

Come follow your BlackBerry Technical Team on Twitter! @BlackBerryHelp

Be sure to click Like! for those who have helped you.

Click  Accept as Solution for posts that have solved your issue(s)!

Contributor
My Device: BB Z10
My Carrier: Etisalat

Would you please update this forum once this has been resolved? Thanks
Contributor
My Device: z10
My Carrier: vodafone

ViciousFerret and ballerina!

I must admit, I am a converted Z10 user. On many levels, this is a great product / experience. However, I am flummoxed (by the fact) that a feature and function so fundamental - i.e. efficient phone use / management - wasn't given absolute "must work" priority pre-launch. I am a UK-based user and the Contacts country code foible is a major inconvenience with regard to UK calling / text messaging. Why should normal use of the Contacts feature require a workaround? If memory serves, the UK was one of the first roll-out points for this critical-to-company-survival product? Wouldn't one want to be absolutely certain that the phone "feature" worked - in the UK - pre-launch? Didn't the Z10 (and its phone / Contacts feature) undergo months and months of pre-launch testing?

Puzzled....

Looking forward to an (expeditious and) elegant resolution!