Welcome!

Welcome to the official BlackBerry Support Community Forums.

This is your resource to discuss support topics with your peers, and learn from each other.

New Contributor
My Device: bold 9900
My Carrier: Lime cayman Islands
Accepted Solution

10001 error

Hi,

IM using a bold 9900 on a enterprise network for Lime in the Cayman islands and there's a link we use for mobile access to our DSL dslam . I was able to access the URL with no problem on my older bold 9000 but I keep getting a 10001 error now saying that access is denied. This mobile link is essential in my day to day work and I need to have this resolved.

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

Re: 10001 error

internal or external ip?

What browser did you in the past to access it?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

BESAdmin's, please make a signature with your BES environment info.

SIM Free BlackBerry Unlocking FAQ
Follow me on Twitter @knottyrope

Want to thank me? Buy my KnottyRope App here

BES 12 and BES 5.0.4 with Exchange 2010 and SQL 2012 Hyper V

New Contributor

i was using the browser that came installed on my old bold 9000. and im now using the original browser that came on my bold 9900. can you jelp me please?

New Contributor

still not working please help

Guru III
My Device:

I'm rockin the BlackBerry PRIV, Passport, Z30, Z10, Q10, BlackBerry Mini Stereo Speaker, 64 gig PlayBook,BT Headset HS-700

My Carrier: I am on AT&T. Please edit your Personal Profile with your DEVICE TYPE, DEVICE OS and Carrier

what is your old device using for the browser?

KB16463 - How to change the default browser on a BlackBerry smartphone

can you access it via IP address?

Is it internal or external to BES?

Click here to Backup the data on your BlackBerry Device! It's important, and FREE!

Click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved. To give thanks, click thumbs up
Click to search the Knowledge Base at BTSC and click to Read The Fabulous Manuals

New Contributor

IM not sure what type of browser was issued with the old phone initially . But whatever browser rim sent those devices with is what I was using.  and I cannot get the IP for the URL link either. And as for the IP being internal or external can you be a bit more specific please.

Guru III
My Device:

Does it exist on your LAN or WAN?

what URL?

PM me the URL if you dont want it publically known

Guru III
My Device:

Sorry, we can't open the web page that you requested because access was denied. If you should have access to this web page, contact your wireless service provider.

It might be you are not allowed to access it. This error does not seem related to BlackBerry but more like the server sent it back to say denied.

New Contributor

Well that is the weird thing, the company gave us this link as I said to be used by all staff as a remote access. It works fine on the older bolds but not on the torch and the bold touch so it has to be something with the devices.

Guru III
My Device:

What version BES are you using?

it might be that the BES thingk it is a remote connection and not an internal one. The browser is supposed to detect which on and that might be the issue.

Simplified browser selection in BlackBerry Device Software 6.0

on your old OS 5 devie you can force a browser type, with OS 6 and 7 you have tocreate an IT policy to restrict it.

with out knowing the browser you used before it is hard to know.